Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    After receiving my 1-8 back from Trijicon, I've noticed the locking turrets feel different. Like they feel crappy. They don't want to stay locked up, and they don't want to stay down. Real mushy and blah when trying to push them in and pull them out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Was it a repair or replace job?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Was it a repair or replace job?
    The paperwork makes it look like a repair, but it feels like by the turrets it's a different unit. I'll have to call Monday and find out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I checked one out yesterday, red, MOA version.

Turrets: Pretty darn crisp, but "hard" to move. You end up moving them 2-3 clicks instead of just one, if that makes sense?
    Glass: It's decent.
    Eyebox: Really good for a 1-8 on 8. Pretty good on 1. This is a product of exit pupil
    True 1: Pretty damn close. WAY BETTER than VCOG. I'd rather have this than a VCOG any day, optically.
    Illumination: It's like the Kahles K16i, except on its brightest, it's still dimmer. If it went to 12 or 12.5 instead of 11, it would be the same, if that makes sense?

All-in all:

Turrets are absurd. Need to be smaller, pull-up feels chintzy. Slap MK6 Leupold turrets on here and you'd have a winner, along with a better reticle design (finer centerpoint, add wind-holds).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Nothing, I said it could be better. For a second focal plane reticle it is basically illumination dependent. The Kahles SM1 could have a bolder segmented circle around the aiming dot also, the Razor could use a segmented circle around the center also. The discontinued k16i SM2 with 2 moa canter dot is decently bold and has has daylight visible illumination, it is fast up close but gives up some precise aiming at distance by obscururing the target. For this reason I think it will be perfectly at home on a 12.5" SBR and I am looking for the Kahles K16i of 1-8s for my recce. Where is it? Is the accupower it?
    I compared the Trijicon to the K16i yesterday, and no, it's not it. It's a tier below the Kahles. Glass is not as crisp, chromatic aberration is pretty gnarly. Illumination is 1 setting or 1.5 settings dimmer. It's a good $1200 scope. It's a really shitty $2000 scope. I personally would rather the K16i to any of the 1-8's out right now because of the optical wizardry of it.
    Last edited by WS6; 06-13-17 at 03:44.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I compared the Trijicon to the K16i yesterday, and no, it's not it. It's a tier below the Kahles. Glass is not as crisp, chromatic aberration is pretty gnarly. Illumination is 1 setting or 1.5 settings dimmer. It's a good $1200 scope. It's a really shitty $2000 scope. I personally would rather the K16i to any of the 1-8's out right now because of the optical wizardry of it.
    The kahles glass is indeed that good and the illumination acceptable.

I would take a hard look at the Minox 1-8x if you are looking for high quality glass. Wish the red dot was a little brighter.

Aimpoint H-2 on setting 10 for comparison under the same lighting conditions.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    From what I have read, the minox has a very sensitive eyebox and limited eye relief. Has great glass and decent usable reticle with wind holds. The one thing that impressed me the most was the eye box on the trijicon which is one of the best when compared to other 1-8 offerings.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    From what I have read, the minox has a very sensitive eyebox and limited eye relief. Has great glass and decent usable reticle with wind holds. The one thing that impressed me the most was the eye box on the trijicon which is one of the best when compared to other 1-8 offerings.
    Agreed re:Eyebox. Personally, I went 1-6 because NOTHING in the 1-8 market is going to come close to the K16i for flatness of FOV, true 1x, eyebox, and light transmission. Not for a few years, at least. The DESIGN of the Trijicon has real promise, but at the current cross-section of money vs. technology vs. Trijicon's market, it's not going to get it done.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The 1-6s have matured well the last several years.

The 1-8s need a couple more to refine, IMO.

Personally if the 1-8x Accupower had simple capped turrets like the 1-4x, I'd be happy for that price point.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast