Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New sub $1K Arsenal SLR-107R

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    New construction for similar feel, or new altogether?

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread.

But congrats on your 74th post.
    Thanks to you now I'm on #75 :-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    The SLR-107's that are priced over $1K come with a AK-100 series side folding stock. The extra machining of the receiver/rear trunion and parts for the mechanism drives the price up. Hence why the standard stock SLR-107s are less expensive.

According to everything I've read on these new rifles all internals are the same except Arsenal has a new FCG in these.
    thank you for your response Moose-knuckle. I messaged rob from ak operators union since he saw it and held one in person at the 2017 shot show and he responded everything is the same other than it has no muzzle break and it comes with a fixed stock which I don't mind. I usually change the muzzle break anyways . Once he answered me I went and ordered it from kvar 849 rifle+22 shipping+40 ffl+60 muzzle break= 971 give or take, so I'm still under 1k for a rifle I might run the risk of having finish issues which according to the video rob made the finish is still the same on all arsenals when he asked the arsenal manager at the show however the trigger did change in these new slr107-11s and possibly the others as well. He called them out on the trigger and the finish which is pretty cool rob is awesome plus he really does respond back to you lol. I was always hesitated on buying an arsenal due to those 2 issues (possible bad finish and possible bad trigger) I felt that paying 1200 for a rifle (regardless of great internals) should at least have a finish that would hold up, now some people might not care but it's my personal preference, some people will say well just send it to get parkarized but that's extra $ and I try and keep myself on a budget and like I said I'm still under 1k. Hope this helps somebody else. We will see how this rifle shoots and holds up, it will be my first asrsenal I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-Note4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by botas.45 View Post
    thank you for your response Moose-knuckle. I messaged rob from ak operators union since he saw it and held one in person at the 2017 shot show and he responded everything is the same other than it has no muzzle break and it comes with a fixed stock which I don't mind. I usually change the muzzle break anyways . Once he answered me I went and ordered it from kvar 849 rifle+22 shipping+40 ffl+60 muzzle break= 971 give or take, so I'm still under 1k for a rifle I might run the risk of having finish issues which according to the video rob made the finish is still the same on all arsenals when he asked the arsenal manager at the show however the trigger did change in these new slr107-11s and possibly the others as well. He called them out on the trigger and the finish which is pretty cool rob is awesome plus he really does respond back to you lol. I was always hesitated on buying an arsenal due to those 2 issues (possible bad finish and possible bad trigger) I felt that paying 1200 for a rifle (regardless of great internals) should at least have a finish that would hold up, now some people might not care but it's my personal preference, some people will say well just send it to get parkarized but that's extra $ and I try and keep myself on a budget and like I said I'm still under 1k. Hope this helps somebody else. We will see how this rifle shoots and holds up, it will be my first asrsenal I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-Note4
    Congrats on the new rifle!

Be sure the muzzle device you ordered is the same thread pitch for these new SLR-107s.

The correct one for these rifles is 14x1mm LH (left hand).

There SLR-107s with folding stocks sport an AK-74 style FSB and muzzle threads witch is 24x1.5mm RH (right hand).
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the new rifle!

Be sure the muzzle device you ordered is the same thread pitch for these new SLR-107s.

The correct one for these rifles is 14x1mm LH (left hand).

There SLR-107s with folding stocks sport an AK-74 style FSB and muzzle threads witch is 24x1.5mm RH (right hand).
    thanks again Moose-knuckle for looking out, I sure did 14x1mm I'll post pics once in hand

Sent from my SM-Note4

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    Wouldn't matter for the average shooter.

Even I wouldn't know that (or care). Its a great AK for a great price, that's all that matters to me. I had an SLR107 a few years ago and loved that rifle. It was a safe queen and I didn't shoot it enough like my AR's so I sold it.

I'd Stick a Magpul Zhukov folder on this new AK and call it a day. and maybe a muzzle brake.
    I'd bet dollars to donuts that if, say, Yemen or Iraq goes to Bulgaria and orders a couple thousand, "AKMs," that what Arsenal Bulgaria delivers would look almost identical (except for the pin hole and reinforcing stamp for the auto sear and auto sear pin).

In a video on the Military Arms Channel they had a Zhukov break with regular usage, no torture test.
    I've only seen the one break in the torture test. Two, counting the one that Robski broke during AKOU's torture test.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I've only seen the one break in the torture test. Two, counting the one that Robski broke during AKOU's torture test.
    The one I was referring to was this one @ 10:04. He was evaluating four different rifles during cold weather conditions. His AK malfunctioned after the first round was fired, he mortared the rifled on the soft snow covered ground (not cement) as to aid in moving the bcg rearward clearing a stuck shell casing. Not a torture test of any kind as that is sort of normal thing for an AK hence my comment above about "normal" use.

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 01-24-17 at 00:58.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    got my slr107R on valentine's day, looks good, smooth action,taking it out this weekend.

Sent from my SM-Note4

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had a chance to shoot/review this rifle? I'm really interested to hear some reports after playing with one at SHOT.

Feedback Score
    The one I was referring to was this one @ 10:04. He was evaluating four different rifles during cold weather conditions. His AK malfunctioned after the first round was fired, he mortared the rifled on the soft snow covered ground (not cement) as to aid in moving the bcg rearward clearing a stuck shell casing. Not a torture test of any kind as that is sort of normal thing for an AK hence my comment above about "normal" use.

I actually said to myself watching that the first time- mortar it! Then it just kind of fell apart re-enforcing my idea about aftermarket US made parts.

Feedback Score
    sweet rifle and great price, where can i get one of these.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast