Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Q, the Fix rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I'm trying not to, I just need some more time to do it.
    Well?

Feedback Score
    So far, I like it, easy bolt throw, nice trigger, and lightweight. Accuracy is pretty good so far, but I'm not done working up some loadings yet. I'm still working a few things out and have been busy with many other new offerings from all over the firearm world on limited time. For what I've done so far, I wouldn't mind the option of having more barrel mass to tame down some recoil and take the heat of strings better. What I'm really looking forward to is testing the "cherry bomb" adaptable cans for this, whenever they transfer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    So, would you say that the Fix would fulfill its intended role as a lightweight hunting rifle, where 1 to a few
    shots is what's expected? Of course, more weight would make it more shootable for more rounds. What optic do you have installed? Is the light weight worth the trade-off?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Pretty much so, it's not a one and done deal at all, just better to take your time when shooting volume.
    MK6 3-18x Horus borrowed off a SR-25 for now.
    I like it, it's worth it to me at least, but I would like to see another barrel profile as an option.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any updates on the Q, accuracy wise, by anyone?

Seems the Fix has been out long enough for folks to have done a decent amount of load work ups.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    I'm still working on it, waiting on some F3's to clear on the cans for testing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You need to test for accuracy without the cans, so............
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    It's not like I haven't tested anything for this, It's more like I haven't tested enough yet.
    Basically, it can shoot pretty well without going out of the norms at this point, but it is hard to say about other variables without testing them if that makes any sense.
    When I'm able to collect more data points in a climate controlled 300M warehouse over night, bench rest style, I'll know more.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Tom12.7,

Any updates on your findings the last 4 months? I'm seriously considering snagging one of these up and also putting a 3-18 Mk6 on it. Or other lighter weight 3-15ish optic.

I'm more on the lines of the hunting 3 shot in same hole and move on, with LW barrels, for that intended purpose I'm after. I am assuming this fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    It's not like I haven't tested anything for this, It's more like I haven't tested enough yet.
    Basically, it can shoot pretty well without going out of the norms at this point, but it is hard to say about other variables without testing them if that makes any sense.
    When I'm able to collect more data points in a climate controlled 300M warehouse over night, bench rest style, I'll know more.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not about the fix but I would look at the 3.6-18x44 Mark 5HD. Leupold took the criticism of the Mark 6 and took it to heart plus it is the first of the Mark series to use the HD glass from Leupold’s hunting lines. Initial reviews seem to indicate that the glass and turrets are the best of the Mark series while being cheaper than both the Mark 6 and Mark 8.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast