Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Q, the Fix rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kevin seems to really be doing things his way and is having fun doing it. Kevin's father Ken heads their customer service. Get this, his email is ken @ kevinwasanaccident.com

I admire their lighthearted not overly serious approach. It is refreshing after a decade of tactical overload. Marketing was something that Kevin always did well.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't mind adding a pound towards a good heavier barrel profile in the 16" .308 to take some heat. Even with the lighter barrel, I'm sure I'll end up with one, but sometimes you may want the ability to use it more frequently in time without hits opening up as much as a lighter barrel tends to.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Saw a post for barrel weight calculations, I don't know the formula, but depending on profile, 2.5-3 ounces per inch. A 22" barrel would almost give you a pound. A medium Palma profile at 22" would be your ticket if after that.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I would like the option of a pound heavier good barrel profile barrel in a .308 16" barrel to absorb the heat to reduce influences that can come up with a higher firing frequency with lower mass barrels.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I would like the option of a pound heavier good barrel profile barrel in a .308 16" barrel to absorb the heat to reduce influences that can come up with a higher firing frequency with lower mass barrels.
    Post on SH states they may offer extensions so you can do a custom barrel. Not sure if they will sell the gun minus a barrel or offer barrel upgrades from the base pricing. Option is to sell the stock barrel once obtained if they don't offer customization but do sell the extension.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm very excited about this. I see a Q-fix in 6.5 creedmor with a S&B 5-20US in my future.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Your gonna pay up now and wait for 3 years???

That's what I read on the Hide. 3-10 years to get one lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A quote from SH from Dave Tooley (Tooley Custom Rifles). The following post state non adjustable 2.2 pound two stage.

Guys I've been doing the prototype barrels for Q and I will be doing the chamber work on the Bartlein's for Q. I know there will be a way to get replacement barrels. Feel free to PM me.
    The trigger is not adjustable and I don't know what pull weight will be supplied on the production rifles but all the triggers that I've tried were great. Overall a very unique and advanced design.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Handled both the Fix and the new Honey Badger at shot. The fix is super comfortable and lightweight. The action is very smooth and the rail has a nice profile.

The Honey Badger is just an awesome replacement for a sub gun. The PDW stock on the Honey Badger is the most comfortable PDW stock I have ever seen and I have been on a mission looking for the best one.
    Last edited by themonk; 01-22-17 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Your gonna pay up now and wait for 3 years???

That's what I read on the Hide. 3-10 years to get one lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL -- the Hide thread is talking about the wait to get a booth @ SHOT, not how long it's gonna take to get the rifle.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast