Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Q, the Fix rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    LOL -- the Hide thread is talking about the wait to get a booth @ SHOT, not how long it's gonna take to get the rifle.
    Well that makes a lot more sense.

Haha. What I get for running on no sleep yesterday 0.o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Handled both the Fix and the new Honey Badger at shot. The fix is super comfortable and lightweight. The action is very smooth and the rail has a nice profile.

The Honey Badger is just an awesome replacement for a sub gun. The PDW stock on the Honey Badger is the most comfortable PDW stock I have ever seen and I have been on a mission looking for the best one.
    I concur with this. Was lucky enough to get up in the Q suite (and the Q Ball, but that's another story) and get intimate with the Q lineup. Even though I'm not a bolt gun guy, the theory and engineering behind The Fix was impressive, and probably my favorite item at SHOT.

Honey Badger was awesome too, not that it's anything new but it definitely appears to be the fully evolved version of that concept.

Their suppressors were impressive as well, I especially liked the modular .22 can.

I'm definitely drinking the Q koolaid.

Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    looking forward to seeing both the Fix and HB 2.0 Tagging this for later.

Feedback Score
    I'm very anxious to see how this rifle holds up against some abuse. The cast aluminum body is the only thing that I question. I have a feeling that the engineering behind it is solid and well thought out. If barrels are readily available I see me selling my current bolt gun to pay for one of these!

Ben

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenY 2013 View Post
    I'm very anxious to see how this rifle holds up against some abuse. The cast aluminum body is the only thing that I question. I have a feeling that the engineering behind it is solid and well thought out. If barrels are readily available I see me selling my current bolt gun to pay for one of these!

Ben
    Why would the aluminum bother you? My nemo omen 300wm is aluminum and has held up fine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    One thing about the Fix is the weight. I like light weight guns just as much as most people but on a bolt gun you want some weight IMO.

Most competition bolt guns are 15+ pounds for a reason.

A 5.5 lb gun will beat you to death I would think. Even with a brake.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    One thing about the Fix is the weight. I like light weight guns just as much as most people but on a bolt gun you want some weight IMO.

Most competition bolt guns are 15+ pounds for a reason.

A 5.5 lb gun will beat you to death I would think. Even with a brake.

I think the biggest misunderstanding about the Fix is its intended application. It's not a competition gun by any means. I think people tend to view it in that light due to the current popularity and proliferation of competition/PRS style bolt guns hitting the market. Brittingham has stated the primary application is actually hunting, although there are obviously other applications where a lightweight suppressed bolt gun is desired as well. The reaction I saw at SHOT was about 50/50 people who didn't need/want/understand the rifle, and people who absolutely peed their pants after handling it. Definitely a niche gun.

Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Q, the Fix rifle

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    I think the biggest misunderstanding about the Fix is its intended application. It's not a competition gun by any means. I think people tend to view it in that light due to the current popularity and proliferation of competition/PRS style bolt guns hitting the market. Brittingham has stated the primary application is actually hunting, although there are obviously other applications where a lightweight suppressed bolt gun is desired as well. The reaction I saw at SHOT was about 50/50 people who didn't need/want/understand the rifle, and people who absolutely peed their pants after handling it. Definitely a niche gun.

That makes sense for a hunting gun and true I immediately looked at it as a PRS style gun.

It's a nice rifle but it doesn't make sense the more I think about it.

He made it to be a switch barrel where barreled can be swapped by the end user. The adjustability of the stock and the use of SR-25 mags.

All of those things hunters usually care nothing about.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I care about those things as an elk hunter and shooter, though I'm not a competitive precision guy. This is at the top of my list when released. The ergonomics appear good, if it's anything like my AR10 I hunt with. A 6.5C with scope and bipod would give it ample weight.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast