Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Q, the Fix rifle

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Tom's been out of action for a while, but these Q cans do look great, especially the QD versions.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Well I picked up a Q the fix this afternoon. Low 200s serial off the preorder from a dealer. In 6.5. I'll have to do a little write up when I have some time after getting rounds through it. Will be a few weeks. I have a new in box Minox ZP5 5-25 here going on it. Spuhr sp-4002 showing up Saturday. And picked up the 308 barrel from Q showing up Wednesday. They were all out of the muzzle adaptor to run standard muzzle devices. So I will be running the factory cherry bomb in my initial go.

I'll report back when I get some rounds through it. The barrel profile is much thicker on the 6.5 then I was thinking and would be able to sustain some decent strings of fire. Maybe the 308 16" is the thinner barrel...? Can't recall.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Well I picked up a Q the fix this afternoon. Low 200s serial off the preorder from a dealer. In 6.5. I'll have to do a little write up when I have some time after getting rounds through it. Will be a few weeks. I have a new in box Minox ZP5 5-25 here going on it. Spuhr sp-4002 showing up Saturday. And picked up the 308 barrel from Q showing up Wednesday. They were all out of the muzzle adaptor to run standard muzzle devices. So I will be running the factory cherry bomb in my initial go.

I'll report back when I get some rounds through it. The barrel profile is much thicker on the 6.5 then I was thinking and would be able to sustain some decent strings of fire. Maybe the 308 16" is the thinner barrel...? Can't recall.
    I'm very interested to hear what you've got to say about it. Particularly in the accuracy department.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dist. Expert 26 View Post
    I'm very interested to hear what you've got to say about it. Particularly in the accuracy department.
    I will let you know with both the 6.5 and 308.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-02-18 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    308 barrel arrived. And it is a LW taper profile. Excited about that. Here is a few pics showing the difference. Going to get this sucker out tomorrow and I'll report back.

IMG_20180406_100450

IMG_20180406_100338

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-06-18 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Jwknutson17;2616208]308 barrel arrived. And it is a LW taper profile. Excited about that. Here is a few pics showing the difference. Going to get this sucker out tomorrow and I'll report back.
    Any Updates? I held one at a shop in Columbus, GA when I was down shooting the All-Army earlier this year. It felt pretty amazing for just the few minutes I got to finger it.

Feedback Score
    I have absolutely no reason to buy one, but I'm digging the 8.6 option.

https://youtu.be/RVchYB2vOjg

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have a few hundred through the 308 barrel right now. Out to 700 yards. FGMM 175 smk go 2525 fps through it. Shot it out to 700 so far at roughly 5.5 mils of elevation. Very consistent hits and gun works really really well. It's hard to describe how it feels. It's half the weight of my Cadex rifles. For the money, capabilities, and the weight there isn't much like it. Especially for a LW Hunter. I would recommend it for someone who doesn't want to spend AXMC money but has most of the same features. It kinda feels cheap when you first pull it out of the box. But get some time behind it and add an optic and a suppressor on the shorter barrel, and your still under the weight of a stripped AI or other chassis gun. Everything is machined to such tight tolerances and fit/finish is fantastic. The lighter shorter barrels make this rifle what it is. I had Dave Tooley chop the 22 inch 6.5 barrel to 17 inches and it took a pound off the front of the rifle.

The 8.6 has zero appeal to me. Unless you want a SBR bolt gun that shoots 250gr subs at about 100 yards.. and you need a 338 suppressor... Nope. Maybe it fills some small nitch for a few folks, but I don't see that combo doing anything at all for me.

The 300 wsm is what I would be after in a 23 inch barrel for a LW high country elk Hunter. Hopefully they get off the pot and release it like they mentioned 2 years ago now.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-16-18 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I wanted to comment on the ability to hold zero after completely disassemble, putting in another barrel. Putting it back together. And then going back to the original barrel. Without confirming zero or anything. I was able to get a first round hit at 700 yards within a few inches of where I was aiming. So the gun, completely disassembled including the top rail, handguard, barrel, bolt, optic/mount complete apart and back together 2 times, held zero at 700. This to me is pretty incredible. But I believe is because everything has such tight tolerances and the fit is very tight. Big plus for the return to zero with barrel swaps. Rifle continues to impress.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the insight. I am very interested in the 308 version with its short barrel. I see it as a do-all rifle. I need to put hands on one locally.
    Kiowa pilot turned Hooker.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast