Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republic Firearms

Feedback Score

Republic Firearms

Any one bought an AR-15 from Republic Firearms? I'm looking at the RF-15S model and wondering if anyone had info as to the quality of their builds. I have a discount code to drastically lower the price but don't want to end up with a work in progress. I know it's a lower end build, but I am happy with my M&P Sport II so I am just looking for durability. http://www.republicfirearmsstore.com...rf15sba16n.htm
    Last edited by Edknn; 01-17-17 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no first hand experience with them, but I am skeptical of the quality at that price. ARs are like everything else, you get what you pay for. If you want just a beater range toy, it is probably fine for you. But if you EVER intend to use in a HD/SD situation, pony up for a rifle from a reputable dealer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    I have no first hand experience with them, but I am skeptical of the quality at that price. ARs are like everything else, you get what you pay for. If you want just a beater range toy, it is probably fine for you. But if you EVER intend to use in a HD/SD situation, pony up for a rifle from a reputable dealer.
    With AR prices falling, the Sport II can be had for $499 now, the price of this rifle doesn't seem that low. With the discount they are giving me for a delayed earlier part purchase, I'm getting it for the price of a .22 AR. For $314 shipped, I gave it a try and ordered. Supposedly all mil-spec with Anderson lower. Guess it's wait and see time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edknn View Post
    With AR prices falling, the Sport II can be had for $499 now, the price of this rifle doesn't seem that low. With the discount they are giving me for a delayed earlier part purchase, I'm getting it for the price of a .22 AR. For $314 shipped, I gave it a try and ordered. Supposedly all mil-spec with Anderson lower. Guess it's wait and see time.
    I don't wish for failure, so I hope you are right. We shall see when you get to take it out. I wasn't trying to trash it as I have no experience, just saying I would be skeptical and I wouldn't want it next to my bed until it has been proven. Good luck with your purchase, I hope it works out well for you.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    At that price point I would be impressed if they actually used Mil-spec parts, especially in the lower. Specs:

7075 T6 Aluminum flat top A3 upper receiver with MilSpec 1913 Picatinny rail system featuring M4 feed ramps
    7075 T6 Aluminum forged lower receiver
    A2 Hand Guards
    A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
    16" Government Contour Barrel, .223/5.56 NATO, 4150, Nitride Finish 1:8 Twist
    Republic Firearms Melonite High Speed Slab Side M16 Bolt Carrier
    C158 Carpenter Bolt
    Republic Firearms Stainless Steel Trigger and Hammer
    Includes One Aluminum Black ASC 30 Round Magazine

I'm interested in the overall benefit of a melonited "M16" bolt carrier, and what it brings to the actual table. They also name their guns "Demon" "vampire" and "Zombie" which is gayer than a stack of strawberry pancakes imo.

It's your money though. If it's not a serious gun, and you are just shooting dirt clods and drinking beer, then more power to you.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 01-19-17 at 14:13.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    I don't wish for failure, so I hope you are right. We shall see when you get to take it out. I wasn't trying to trash it as I have no experience, just saying I would be skeptical and I wouldn't want it next to my bed until it has been proven. Good luck with your purchase, I hope it works out well for you.
    I didn't think you were trashing...sorry if I did. I didn't get much info about them, but for 35% off I had to give it a try. They are definitely losing money on this. I talked to the head of sales when he called me to apologize for a delayed order and miscommunication due to a new email program. He seemed real nice and explained they were a small company of veterans and gave me a good feeling about him and his company. Guess I wait now to find out. I will be out of the country for 2 weeks, so I won't know anything until then. Thanks for the reply.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    At that price point I would be impressed if they actually used Mil-spec parts, especially in the lower. Specs:

7075 T6 Aluminum flat top A3 upper receiver with MilSpec 1913 Picatinny rail system featuring M4 feed ramps
    7075 T6 Aluminum forged lower receiver
    A2 Hand Guards
    A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
    16" Government Contour Barrel, .223/5.56 NATO, 4150, Nitride Finish 1:8 Twist
    Republic Firearms Melonite High Speed Slab Side M16 Bolt Carrier
    C158 Carpenter Bolt
    Republic Firearms Stainless Steel Trigger and Hammer
    Includes One Aluminum Black ASC 30 Round Magazine

I'm interested in the overall benefit of a melonited "M16" bolt carrier, and what it brings to the actual table. They also name their guns "Demon" "vampire" and "Zombie" which is gayer than a stack of strawberry pancakes imo.

It's your money though. If it's not a serious gun, and you are just shooting dirt clods and drinking beer, then more power to you.
    I was told the lower was made by Anderson on their low end models. The gun was originally $599 on sale for $449. When I was offered 35% off anything on the site as goodwill, I thought it was worth a try for $314. Is it a $1000 rifle, no. But neither is my Sport II that runs great. If the gun was $314 without a discount, I would have run never given it a thought. As far as the "GAY" names, they are big into Cerakote finishes.They were probably showing you could do any color scheme you wanted, no matter how unusual. If a name gets your attention, maybe you look and get ideas for your own personal colors. Myself, black it all I want.
    Last edited by Edknn; 01-19-17 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edknn View Post
    I was told the lower was made by Anderson on their low end models. The gun was originally $599 on sale for $449. When I was offered 35% off anything on the site as goodwill, I thought it was worth a try for $314. Is it a $1000 rifle, no. But neither is my Sport II that runs great. If the gun was $314 without a discount, I would have run never given it a thought. As far as the "GAY" names, they are big into Cerakote finishes.They were probably showing you could do any color scheme you wanted, no matter how unusual. If a name gets your attention, maybe you look and get ideas for your own personal colors. Myself, black it all I want.
    The name thing I understand is to draw new people to it, or vest interest that wouldn't normally be there. I still think it's a wee bit fruity, but that is just me.

If the gun works, that price is insane. You seem though like you know what is though at face value as far as what you are expecting out of it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They also name their guns "Demon" "vampire" and "Zombie" which is gayer than a stack of strawberry pancakes imo.
    ...I like strawberry pancakes.

Feedback Score
    The name thing I understand is to draw new people to it, or vest interest that wouldn't normally be there. I still think it's a wee bit fruity, but that is just me.

If the gun works, that price is insane. You seem though like you know what is though at face value as far as what you are expecting out of it.
    Thanks for the feedback. Obviously we disagree. Those names are for our "Monster" line only and we wanted something that was catchy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast