Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt Action AR

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Man I hope the Fix has a decent street price. Six pounds, 6.5 Creedmoor and sexy has me slobbering.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold/Bore View Post
    Not an upper, but as "AR" as you can get in a bolt gun:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxemGbLZX8U

I think Kevin hit this one out of the park.
    Dang, that's a sweet setup.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Man I hope the Fix has a decent street price. Six pounds, 6.5 Creedmoor and sexy has me slobbering.
    Word going around is that it will be about 2,800

Feedback Score
    The Fix really is something else...wow. Spot on with what I'm looking for, if a lil spendy. I wonder how many feed problems I would have trying to feed 223 out of an SR25 mag?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Fix needs fixing. As a long time bolt action shooter, I would pass on this rifle due to its awkwardness. Watching the shooter operate the rifle shows the bolt lift is stiff and its operation is anything but smooth. A pistol grip only exacerbates the problem. Bolt travel limits the cheek piece, cheek weld and limits LOP and eye relief options. Interesting concept, but it needs further refinement
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
    The Fix really is something else...wow. Spot on with what I'm looking for, if a lil spendy. I wonder how many feed problems I would have trying to feed 223 out of an SR25 mag?
    Probably about as many problems as you will have shooting 223 with 30 or 6.5 bolt/barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are several chassis out there. I just bought a Mega Orias w/ Magpul PRS for my Remington 700. Should have a similar feel to my ARs.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lazythekid; 01-20-17 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    Bumping this thread so I can up my post count to sell some Magpul furniture

I finally put together a bolt action AR after ordering a barrel a year ago. I used a port charging Matrix upper receiver that appears to be no longer made. Paired that with a Wylde chambered Krieger barrel, sans gas port, varmint profile, heavy af. IMO, side charging is a must if you want bolt action AR. The standard charging handle is gonna get in the way of either stock choices or cheek weld while reloading. It's up for debate weather left or right charging is better than the other.

My experience, should have gotten the Krieger fluted (did I mention that it's deceivingly heavy?). Recoil did not feel different. Don't look forward to night shooting with that huge fireball coming out the barrel. The breach isn't dirty. BAD Lever will not work with the Matrix Upper. Anti rotation tab on most floating handguards won't work either, unless the tabs are at the very top of the rail. Definitely want to keep the buffer spring in place on non-reciprocating side chargers. No wimpy yanks on the bolt during extraction, unless you enjoying hearing just a "click" on the next trigger pull cause you failed to pull the bolt all the way back and strip a round off the mag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12