Thread: Gas block leakage?

Feedback Score

Gas block leakage?

Is this abnormal gas leakage or just normal gas "blow by?" I ask because I haven't seen any other AR's do this and want to make sure this isn't going to lead to any future problems. This is from about 500-600 rounds fired. This is a BCM BFH 16" upper and has functioned flawlessly. BCM has been great and offered to inspect it and check it out but I don't want to send it in if it's just cosmetic. If this is just a cosmetic issue and won't affect function then I could care less, I only care about it functioning which it has done 100%. What do you think?

IMG_5863.jpg
    IMG_5849.jpg
    IMG_5820.jpg
    IMG_5872.jpg

Feedback Score
    With the few ARs I have, I have never seen that. Unless they thought it was cosmetic, If BCM offered to look at it and will pay freight, I would send it back and let them inspect it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Keep shooting it. It will eventually clog itself up.

Feedback Score
    ^^This. I've seen worse though... I posted a pic a while back of a buddy's 10.3 that turned the front end of his rail bronze.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    ^^This. I've seen worse though... I posted a pic a while back of a buddy's 10.3 that turned the front end of his rail bronze.
    My only concern was that the gas block might not be screwed down tight enough (which is why all the gas is leaking) which might therefore work lose in the future during sustained fire etc. Do you think there is any way the gas block could work itself lose? If there is no chance the gas block will work itself lose despite the gas leakage then it doesn't bother me.
    Last edited by Cane55; 01-17-17 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Did you try it and see if it was loose? Throw an Allen wrench on it and see if it'll go righty tighty.

I'm not digging you, please don't think I am, but folks worry WAY too much about these guns. Holy smoke. Not singling you out OP, but a post like this comes up all too often. Check if it's tight and then shoot the bejesus out of it. You said it was 100% reliable and working. Unless that changes, roll on with it.

FWIW, my DD 10.3" is so darn over gassed, it leaks too. Not an issue to worry about.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 01-17-17 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Unless it malfunctions, I'd probably check the screws myself and then shoot the hell out of it.
    Last edited by 556BlackRifle; 01-17-17 at 19:48.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Never seen that before, make sure the screws are on tight and use some loctite.