Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike's Sandbox combo build, anyone done one?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Spike's Sandbox combo build, anyone done one?

All,
    Headed to pick up my Spike's Hellbreaker Sandbox upper/lower/rail combo tonight or tomorrow. Trying to decide what to build with it as my base. I have yet to see the finish and coloration in person, but looks like black furniture will be great on it. Has anyone done one or seen one they particularly liked? I don't believe FDE is going to match well. Also, My current rifles include a BCM 16" middy upper on a delton lower with lots of goodies, a 14.5" pinned KISS in Moe FG, and a S&W MP Sport II I bought has Hillary insurance that now wears FDE Moe furniture. All have Aimpoint red dots (Comp ML3, R-1, and original Comp in order) so no magnification.

I am thinking the Sandbox combo either needs to be an 18" system build with some decent glass/4x Acog or go ahead and file a stamp for it and add in a 10.5"/11.5" DI setup and run a suppressor under the rail. I'll rarely shoot past 200 yards but it'd be fun when I do shoot from 125-150 at a friends house to have some magnification.

FYI, here are two pics that show why I say I have no idea what "color" the dang thing really is.

And another build using black and FDE.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to M4carbine. Best of luck in your endeavors.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    What kind of ****ery is that lower? Seriosuly

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Welcome to M4carbine. Best of luck in your endeavors.
    Well said. Good luck OP!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    All,
    Headed to pick up my Spike's Hellbreaker Sandbox upper/lower/rail combo tonight or tomorrow. Trying to decide what to build with it as my base. I have yet to see the finish and coloration in person, but looks like black furniture will be great on it. Has anyone done one or seen one they particularly liked? I don't believe FDE is going to match well. Also, My current rifles include a BCM 16" middy upper on a delton lower with lots of goodies, a 14.5" pinned KISS in Moe FG, and a S&W MP Sport II I bought has Hillary insurance that now wears FDE Moe furniture. All have Aimpoint red dots (Comp ML3, R-1, and original Comp in order) so no magnification.

I am thinking the Sandbox combo either needs to be an 18" system build with some decent glass/4x Acog or go ahead and file a stamp for it and add in a 10.5"/11.5" DI setup and run a suppressor under the rail. I'll rarely shoot past 200 yards but it'd be fun when I do shoot from 125-150 at a friends house to have some magnification.

FYI, here are two pics that show why I say I have no idea what "color" the dang thing really is.

And another build using black and FDE.

Not gonna find much luv round here for this type config, brother. If you haven't read the mission statement...well let's just say that "pretend wear" and "color matching" of parts isn't high on the list of importance. Hell, it's not even on the list.

Personally, if you like it and can make it run, I say drive on. It's not something I'd be interested in but hey...I'm not very interesting.

Grab your flame suit and have fun with the responses...and don't take it personally.

Welcome to M4c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome, there is a ton of information here and a lot of well educated member who really know their stuff. You will learn a lot reading through this entire forum.

Now my question..........What made you decide to put a BCM upper on a Del-Ton lower, what is the purpose (use) of that specific rifle and what are the "goodies" you speak of?
    Sorry I don't really have any experience with the Spikes stuff, I'm not really into any of the boutique firearms. Your optic choice for that rifle with the face as a magazine well would really depend on your intended use for that firearm.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I saw the price tag on these kits awhile back, no thank you. Welcome aboard.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Every time I see a Spikes lower with that magwell design, I can't help but think of "Boss Bass" from "Super Mario 3" and the hours of my misspent youth.
    bossbass.png
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    All,

I hope you have a good time building and shooting it. I'd get that lower for grins and giggles if it was a 75.00-125.00 lower.

For my personnel preferences a 12 inch rail is too short for an 18 or 20 inch barrel. I just don't like the look. For me, I'd go the SBR route, get that 10.5 to 11.5 and put a Noveske KX3 on it - it should work good on a carbine length system; or if you are worried about cost (you might be after dropping that much coin on the receivers and rail) get the KAK Flash Can. I think both would give you a good look, and direct noise away from you.

ETA: I checked Spikes site and the KX3 and Flashcan should both fit.

Good luck. Nice looking rifles in the photos.

Edited KAK Flashcan not KAC
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 01-18-17 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It's got teeth. I've never seen an AR with teeth before.
    Anyway welcome. Did you check out the Welcome to M4C Introduction thread? It's where folks usually introduce themselves.

Isn't this our GD thread???
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast