Thread: Steiner M536

Feedback Score

Steiner M536

Haven't heard much about this particular optic. Anyone with any positive/negative experiences?

http://www.steiner-optics.com/combat-sights/m536

Feedback Score
    Glass is very good, some light reflection off inside of tube, the mount kinda sucks, and I don't know of any after market mount that would fit. I do like the scope though and I got a smoking BlackFriday deal on it. I should have it mounted on a HK SR9 next week. I own two ACOG's, a Leupold LCO, and a couple high end variable scopes I've compared it to. Happy with my purchase; but, the mount needs replacing. I'll post pictures next week.
    Last edited by minimike; 01-18-17 at 19:52.
    Cherokee NF
    Tellico Plains, TN

Feedback Score
    It is a nicer or 'upgraded' version of the Burris AR536. Same parent company owns both Steiner and Burris. While I have no experience with the Steiner, my 'tier 0' Burris AR332 has worked well for me. Holds zero, decent glass, I like the reticle, hold over dots are accurate with M855.

Feedback Score
    Browsing several online reviews, it seems like the canted reticle issue pops up more times that you would imagine (with both Steiner and Burris).

Feedback Score
    The issue is not with the optic, it's with the base. I don't know what base the Steiners can use (might be Acog too?), but the Burris can use a typical Acog base that eliminates the cant. Good optic, crap base.