Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scientology and the aftermath (show)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have been watching that show and it tells a very scary what the Scientology folks are doing. Very cultish and it seems that they target the children to try and gain control over them.

Will I believe they got the IRS exemption due to the onslaught of lawsuits the members of the church hit the IRS with. Basically the leader said hey everyone file a lawsuit so you had thousands of members filing individual claims to try and drown the IRS.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    I have been watching that show and it tells a very scary what the Scientology folks are doing. Very cultish and it seems that they target the children to try and gain control over them.

Will I believe they got the IRS exemption due to the onslaught of lawsuits the members of the church hit the IRS with. Basically the leader said hey everyone file a lawsuit so you had thousands of members filing individual claims to try and drown the IRS.
    See article I posted. It's far worse then that. See also:

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/nytimes.html
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I think it accomplishes a great deal. Such orgs always do best in the shadows, which is why they resist any form of public scrutiny. A show like on a major network shines a light in the shadows and is getting attention.

The only thing that came as a surprise to me, was they are far larger than I imagined. The behavior it text book cult stuff, so that part is not surprising. That one could develop such a "religion" from a terrible sc fi writer who failed at pretty much everything, just affirms this:

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” - H.L. Mencken

Scientology appears the ultimate MLM...
    Yes it does. I had no idea its size, either. I thought it was basically a celebrity thing.

I do however remember the Dianetics commercials as a kid. It was far later in life that I realized it was connected to Scientology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I first saw the HBO special about Scientology I had a real hard time understanding how normal adult people could believe it. When I learned they basically put themselves in to a system of slavery and were willing to shun their families to remain in the faith, I was pretty shocked.
    I really don't understand how someone could on one hand ask you to believe and on the other tell you to walk away and never speak to your family again.
    That's almost the total opposite of anything that is either good, or right.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    When I first saw the HBO special about Scientology I had a real hard time understanding how normal adult people could believe it. When I learned they basically put themselves in to a system of slavery and were willing to shun their families to remain in the faith, I was pretty shocked.
    I really don't understand how someone could on one hand ask you to believe and on the other tell you to walk away and never speak to your family again.
    That's almost the total opposite of anything that is either good, or right.
    When you look at what the Nazi's were able to achieve, and all manner of leaders, cults, people using their version of X religion (radical Islam comes to mind) to do far more horrible chit than these guys, it should not be difficult to see how this highly structured internally self regulating org self sustains itself and grows.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First off, peak Leah Remini was hawt
    Second, I was born a snake handler and I'll die a snake handler

And as for Scientology well....people can believe what they like but any place that charges admission and has a "celebrity centre" is pretty brow raising.

I just say "thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine"

One cult I found out about that really gave me the heebie jeebies was the Children of God. They were kinda messed up and a lot of kids were messed up from it. Basically a lot of pedophilia and sex abuse.

Back on Scientology the Sea Org alone is weird....they are like Trekkies but Trekkies who can actually mess with you.

So far I've not met a Hubbard lover and don't care to

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

And as for Scientology well....people can believe what they like but any place that charges admission and has a "celebrity centre" is pretty brow raising.

One cult I found out about that really gave me the heebie jeebies was the Children of God. They were kinda messed up and a lot of kids were messed up from it. Basically a lot of pedophilia and sex abuse.

Back on Scientology the Sea Org alone is weird....they are like Trekkies but Trekkies who can actually mess with you.

I wanna know who the first legit celebrity was who fell of that nonsense. I have lost all respect for people like Cruise, Travolta, etc. Considering what a minute fraction of people are in this org, they have a large number of celebs. Smart move focusing on them as they carry $ and mojo, cuz we all know what together people celebs are... A list:

http://gawker.com/a-comprehensive-up...ked-1694554276
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have not seen the series but have seen it on the TV guide. I would like to read some of the links posted here, sad but intriguing...kinda like rubbernecking a bad car accident.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I wanna know who the first legit celebrity was who fell of that nonsense. I have lost all respect for people like Cruise, Travolta, etc. Considering what a minute fraction of people are in this org, they have a large number of celebs. Smart move focusing on them as they carry $ and mojo, cuz we all know what together people celebs are... A list:

http://gawker.com/a-comprehensive-up...ked-1694554276

Catherine Bell

Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Yeah...when they start dressing in military style uniforms with rank, etc...that's it for the kid. I'm out.

And before anybody mentions the Salvation Army, yes...I find it a bit odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast