Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey's new infantry rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    willbrink, it uses hk 417 stocks. Which in turn are Ar15 stocks with on a larger receiver extension as the 417 carrier does not have a narrow tail to fit in a typical diameter ar15 receiver extension like most other Ar10/DPMS/KAC pattern guns. The Turks added some plastic to the pistol grip and stock so that they flow together a little more for one reason or other that might make it appear more like the scar stock.

You can see the added girth of the 417 receiver extension in this photo:
    Exactly.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    willbrink, it uses hk 417 stocks. Which in turn are Ar15 stocks with on a larger receiver extension as the 417 carrier does not have a narrow tail to fit in a typical diameter ar15 receiver extension like most other Ar10/DPMS/KAC pattern guns. The Turks added some plastic to the pistol grip and stock so that they flow together a little more for one reason or other that might make it appear more like the scar stock.

You can see the added girth of the 417 receiver extension in this photo:
    Looks suspiciously like the famous SCAR "boot" stock to me, but I'm no expert here. The 417 looks like a fine rifle if the 416 is any indication of it's heritage, but I have no dog in the fight on the piston AR battles.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The stock looks almost like a pistol brace with a rubber butt plate on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12