Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Defective lower, but replacement not allowed?

Feedback Score
    In my state, we require a Permit to Carry (or Purchase) to obtain transfer of a Pistol or "Assault Weapon". I have this. I also have a FFL friend who will help out, if needed. I offered all of the ways I could make this easiest for them. I guess we'll see what they say. I only live two hours drive from them.

Appreciated, guys!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Uh - if you are in Taxachusetts, the outrageous "it's all banned NOW retroactively" comment of your AG last year might complicate some companies' willingness.

If not in Taxachusetts, disregard.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good grief. I can't imagine why they won't just send you a replacement. It's not like lowers are expensive.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I know! The response I just got was pretty passive aggressive, too. I am respectfully escalating my concerns on how this issue being handled from a customer service standpoint. (I made a request, I was ignored, and now I am being deceived.)

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Good grief. I can't imagine why they won't just send you a replacement. It's not like lowers are expensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can I ask what exactly is out-of-spec on the lower? In my years as an armorer, I have to re-tap threads and file down some metal from time to time, even from some respectable manufacturers. Maybe it's worth running it but an experienced armorer in your area and seeing what can be done.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If you have given them a chance to do right, and they chose not to, report them to the BBB, and move on with your build/life...
    Odds are it is a crap company and you are getting like service. A little more money would have bought real kit from a real manufacturer, just my opinion, good luck-

Feedback Score
    Hi. Here's the deal: I bought the rifle a while ago and it came with their "house" trigger. When I wanted to replace the trigger with a Geissele SSA, the hammer made contact with the front (mag well) side of the FCG pocket and the hammer pin could not be inserted (the holes didn't line up). I tried several known-quality triggers to the same effect (ALG QMS & ACT, Colt, even Spikes). The rep I was working with asked me to install just the hammer pin and see if I could fit the rear part of a 1/4" drill bit in between the hammer pin and the front of the pocket. I could not. Snapped a pic of that and sent it off. He then told me "that one is probably stuck with that fire control unless you want to modify something". Direct quote!

I asked for a replacement and here we are. Sure, I have a Dremel and can grind out some aluminum (or grind down the hammer), but I shouldn't have to. It was a concealed defect IMO. Had I not had the desire to try a better trigger, this would have never been a problem. This is what bugs me most.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrolRifleGroup View Post
    Can I ask what exactly is out-of-spec on the lower? In my years as an armorer, I have to re-tap threads and file down some metal from time to time, even from some respectable manufacturers. Maybe it's worth running it but an experienced armorer in your area and seeing what can be done.

Feedback Score
    They sell their "mil-spec" forged lower (not billet with crazy designs) for $185. Ironically, and incidentally, I am picking up THREE Sionics lowers tonight. $70 each. Can you guess which lower is going to get bumped out of the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    A little more money would have bought real kit from a real manufacturer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd be interested who this was.

By site rules I believe you may now disclose that. Even if they do make it right it's nice for others to be able to avoid the head ache in the future.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    They sell their "mil-spec" forged lower (not billet with crazy designs) for $185. Ironically, and incidentally, I am picking up THREE Sionics lowers tonight. $70 each. Can you guess which lower is going to get bumped out of the rotation?
    I stand corrected, you should follow through with BBB.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast