Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your full-size pistols?

Feedback Score
    Being a former LEO of 25 years, I'm done. I'm dumping all but one of my full size. I'll keep my W German P220 that I carried in harms way for sentimental value, then have nothing but compact or mid-size. Yes, I "can" carry full sized concealed, but just don't want to anymore.

Now, when I get back into competition shooting, I'll probably get one tricked out full sized "race gun" for that, but stay smaller for everything else.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't open carry. I can cc full size and have done so many times but I prefer not to. My main uses are fun / target, some training - mostly practice, possible home defense.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have Glock 34 that I use for home protection, car pistol occasionally, and a fun range gun.

Feedback Score
    The only little guns I have are a Glock 26 and a j frame. Good summer guns. The j frame rarely gets carried by itself.

I guess my USP compacts, are after all, designated as "compacts." But I don't think they are. Neither is a P229. I carry mine a lot.

But I also carry my P226 quite a bit. And I am infamous among my buddies for carrying a full size USP 45 quite a bit.

Feedback Score
    Starting to learn summer carry with a Glock-17 and a t-shirt. It's not easy at 5'8", 125-ish but it's also not impossible at the 4 o'clock with an Edge Works INCOG.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Carry a LC9s Pro, G19 always in the truck, P226 Tacops with threaded barrel is my nightstand gun....but I primarily enjoy plinking around with one of my many 1911s most of the time. They are just the most comfortable for me to shoot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    If it's not a duty sidearm what do you do with it?

Carry it open? Concealed? House pistol? Vehicle holster pistol? Competition? Training new shooters? Hunt?

Was looking at getting another full size pistol but figured if It's not for any of the above there is no practical reason to have one.
    Carry it concealed + house pistol, occasionally new or novice shooters.

Tis the season for ease of full size pistol concealment in much of the country.

Feedback Score
    My G34 lives on my warbelt, and my G17 was grip-chopped for CCW.

Feedback Score
    I'm the OP.

I did get a full size Beretta PX4 9mm. It's for the rare competition and a house gun mainly. I did attempt to CC for a few weeks. I thought I'd make it to summer but it's already become a house gun.

At least on occasion when i want to carry full size it's all set to go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My full size pistols are for home defense, and range practice. Mostly CZ-75's, Browning Hi Power, 1911's, and a few others. I mainly use a CZ-75B as a nightstand, and HD pistol, and carry its little brother a 75D PCR for concealed carry. They all go to the range, but I shoot the full size. "service pistols" the most.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast