Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your full-size pistols?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Used to carry a 1911 day in and day out now it sits on what ever table is next to me at home. I like using the full size guns I own for new shooters and for games now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use my full size pistols for the range, and home defense. I carry a lighter, more compact version of my nightstand guns (CZ-75B, and 97B) which is the 75D PCR. I have carried my full size guns on occasion (Browning Hi Power, 1911, CZ-75, etc) but that is rare.

Feedback Score
    Range, competition, and new shooters for my full sized stuff. Maybe I'm too lazy but my EDC guns do the house and vehicle duty. Occasionally I might use full size guns for boat defense, though.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Beretta 90-Two with compensator and TLR1 for the bed stand. Glock 21 for winter conceal carry or in my home office safe. I also carry one of the 1911' or my VP9 concealed.
    Compacts or a subcompact in the warmer months.
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    every pistol I own is a carry pistol. Some spend time at home as nightstand guns while others spend more time in holsters. Full sized or compact they all get used. I don't muse over buying a nee pistol unless i can see a purpose for it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    G17 is 50/50 training and house gun. I pretty much carry my G19 exclusively.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    My largest pistol is a PPQ, so I don't own a full size pistol yet. I use it as my bedside gun and carry it when I don't carry my PPS. I also use it for training and range time.

Feedback Score
    I kind of prefer duty-sized guns, but current trends seem to indicate that compact/subcompact guns are preferred by many (most?) folks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Self answering question: Duty, Home, Outdoors, Competition, etc.

I have a G17 but like my 34 and 17L better for recreational shooting.

Otherwise a 19, 30, or 43 is what I would carry.

My most pleasant handgun is my Kimber. They are supposed to suck but it is the most fun and accessible pistol. Also quite a chick magnet, in the sense that they like the single stack and light trigger. I will eventually get a .22 kit or a 9mm 1911 (Colt most likely).

It's a good confidence builder. A 1911 has to have TLC moreso than any other pistol but when people with zero experience find they can hit a bullseye at 10 yards consistently; it makes them warmer to pistolcraft.

Glocks, God bless 'em, simply have that spongy trigger that turns some people off. I dont care anymore but there it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Glocks, God bless 'em, simply have that spongy trigger that turns some people off. I dont care anymore but there it is.
    I started with revolvers, then went to Glock when I started carrying/Duty. Compared to the revolvers the Glock trigger was an improvement. Fine compared to pocket guns, too.

But in the past year or so I've been shooting other pistols more. (Beretta's, CZ's) Guns with better triggers have spoiled me. Now I do care about the Glock Sponge trigger. I guess it's like shooting standard AR triggers all your life then using something like a Geiselle. You can never go back...
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-20-17 at 17:49.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast