Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What do you do with your full-size pistols?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    2. House pistols fit in places rifles dont. Under a pillow for example.
    I keep a CZ-75 on my nightstand, and a USGI M1 Carbine at the ready close by. The M1 won't fit on the nightstand. No kids in the house, nor ever come to the house.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I carry mine concealed and shoot matches with 'em.

I see zero reason for a truck pistol. 1) A gun in the vehicle is pretty much useless. 2) If you did manage to get to it, whynot a rifle? Same goes for house guns.
    You can probably take the pistol out of your vehicle and carry it concealed on your person, not so much with a rifle. This could be because something happened to your primary carry pistol for example. A different person could also carry it. Another person in your vehicle could probably wield a pistol, while in the vehicle, more effectively than a rifle, so if somebody you trust with your gun is in the car you can arm with with that pistol. The pistol is easier to conceal and secure than the much larger rifle as well. And if you really want to have stuff available in the car, you could always do both, doesn't have to be one or the other.

For house guns, handguns can be fit into a lot more places than a rifle. For me, for example, I can pretty easily have a handgun out of sight but readily accessible in the kitchen (or any other room), but doing the same with a rifle...IDK how I'd do that. Then there is possibly wanting the option of choosing a handgun for home defense because of the ease of one handed use that might be handy.

So in the end I guess I say...each of pistol and rifle has its own advantages, pick the one that suits you or pick both (as what you keep available) and make your choice on which to grab if you ever have to make that 'grab'

Feedback Score
    I only do so infrequently now, but if I go to a match, I take a Beretta 92.

I also try to get to a class every year since I retired, from the Army, but have only managed every other year.

With 20 round mags and a light, same for a HD gun.

CC is an older 92C with no rail.

The cold, hard truth is a G19, or other G19 sized gun, can fill all those rolls.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    If it's not a duty sidearm what do you do with it?

Carry it open? Concealed? House pistol? Vehicle holster pistol? Competition? Training new shooters? Hunt?

Was looking at getting another full size pistol but figured if It's not for any of the above there is no practical reason to have one.
    I use mine as my EDC in the Winter and in my car.

Good old Glock 17. Works everytime.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have three full size SIG p226 legion and 226 scorpion, both are in the safe, and a VP9. I carry my compacts more, p320c, Glock 19, and some times the VP9. I have a Glock 19 as a dedicated home defense on the night stand.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789