Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tikka T3x tac a1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I'm between getting one of these or getting a Tikka T3X CTR 20" 6.5 Creedmoor. What is this chassis worth and what, other than that and the upgraded 2 stage trigger make this preferable to buying a CTR and putting it in a KRG chassis?

My decision matrix looks like this;

Tikka CTR - $890 shipped.
    2 extra mags - $200.
    KRG X-Ray chasis - $600.

So I'm about $200 less than the TAC A1 should run. TAC A1 gives a folder chassis with M-LOK compatibility, 2 stage trigger, 24" barrel length.... for a cost of another $200-$300.
    Just based upon weight, go KRG! It's a heavy gun. I wouldn't spend the extra money, besides you can run AICS mags or the magpul mags out of the KRG chassis. I love mine

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    I'm between getting one of these or getting a Tikka T3X CTR 20" 6.5 Creedmoor. What is this chassis worth and what, other than that and the upgraded 2 stage trigger make this preferable to buying a CTR and putting it in a KRG chassis?

My decision matrix looks like this;

Tikka CTR - $890 shipped.
    2 extra mags - $200.
    KRG X-Ray chasis - $600.

So I'm about $200 less than the TAC A1 should run. TAC A1 gives a folder chassis with M-LOK compatibility, 2 stage trigger, 24" barrel length.... for a cost of another $200-$300.
    Where are you seeing the CTR for 890 shipped? I am in the same boat as you, but I seem to be seeing them everywhere for 1000? like this https://www.riflegear.com/p-6581-tik...creedmoor.aspx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    Where are you seeing the CTR for 890 shipped? I am in the same boat as you, but I seem to be seeing them everywhere for 1000? like this https://www.riflegear.com/p-6581-tik...creedmoor.aspx
    Not original poster, and not to go too far off topic, but recently got a CTR 6.5cm stainless for the best price I had seen at Whittaker guns. Outstanding service and shipping as well - my first online gun purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    They are under 900 now from several retailers. TSS Warehouse is one.

I'm kind of leaning towards the CTR, since this is a range toy and not a competition rifle I'm not sure I would appreciate the improvements the TAC offers over a separate chassis setup. Plus I can get the X Ray in Sako green and have one more non black rifle in my safe.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 02-03-17 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    Just based upon weight, go KRG! It's a heavy gun. I wouldn't spend the extra money, besides you can run AICS mags or the magpul mags out of the KRG chassis. I love mine

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

weight isn't really an issue for me, and I like the T3X chassis..mags...meh..comes with three which will be plenty for me in all honesty, and they also claim to be trying to get the price on those down as well...

just waiting for bonus time in march
    Last edited by glocke12; 02-06-17 at 01:34.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    weight is really an issue for me, and I like the T3X chassis..mags...meh..comes with three which will be plenty for me in all honesty, and they also claim to be trying to get the price on those down as well...

just waiting for bonus time in march
    I'm considering a CTR once this upcoming season is over. Chassis of the TAC A1 doesn't look bad, but I find myself pining after a Cadex and then running $30 Magpul AICS of which I already have a few so the stock chassis isn't value added for me. Sell the CTR mags on the secondary market to recoup some costs and see if I can find the TAC A1 trigger for sale as well.

Edit: Appears I was mistaken. Magpul AI mags won't seat in the tikka action.
    Last edited by OrbitalE; 02-08-17 at 12:24.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234