Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3x tac a1

Feedback Score

Tikka T3x tac a1

Anyone at Shot Show get a look at this? How is the chassis?

http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-tac-a1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is this chassis still using the very expensive magazines (around $150 each last time I checked)?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I handled one a couple weeks back. The rifle looks great and balance is excellent. The mags are the only knock on it. Dealer price is 50% more than the Ruger Precision rifle but I do believe you get at least that much quality after handling them back to back. They added a button to unlock the bolt while the safety is on which is a nice touch. I was very impressed after seeing it.

It still uses the Sako/ Tikka CTR mags which is the only knock on the rifle I have.

It is between this and the Q "the fix" for my money this coming year. Depends if I can justify the price after getting my hands on the Q rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lol. $100+ for a stupid disposable 10 round mag. Some marketing genius needs to be fired.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah. I can't come up with any type of excuse for that one. Ten mags would close the price gap with "the Fix" as I already have sr25 mags. I imagine that I am not the only one in a similar situation.

But the rifle itself is very nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was excited on this until I saw the proprietary mags requirement in the article I was reading earlier. MSRP of 1899, so expect a street price of what, 1400-1500? For almost that price, you can get a regular Tikka T3x CTR and drop it in a KRG X-ray chassis and use AICS mags. At that point you could make up the price difference in the rifle by a few mags. They could have had a real winner if they just let their chassis use AICS mags.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Or say use the standard $36 Tikka mags, or Magpul mags or anything other than what they chose.

The rifle is super competitively priced by the looks of it, but it probably won't do well due to mags. Hoping that the price is high due to low volume production techniques being used and over the next few months they spin up a real MFG process that can drop price significantly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a feeling cheaper mags will follow. Either from Beretta or an aftermarket.

Feedback Score
    Yeah $100+ mags aren't worth it for me either. If Beretta can substantially bring down the cost of the mags it looks to be a reasonably priced option. Or has been said, just get a regular T3X and put it in an aftermarket chassis.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast