Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3x tac a1

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Keep in mind that it comes with 3 mags (after registration with Tikka), and no one is really worried about AICS mags costing $95...

Sure, we now have about 18 months of AICS Pmags available under our belt, but prior to that the preferred option was ACIS and $100 mags, and they have since become the standard. I hate to say it, but the shooting community has basically said we are ok with mags at that price level...

With that said, I would much rather see it be AICS, and same price with 2 mags and a PRS stock instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tikifrei View Post
    Anyone at Shot Show get a look at this? How is the chassis?

http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-tac-a1

Well the chassis is great, it's heavy! The mags were magpul mags. This is superior than the Ruger. The action along is 10x nicer. I liked it a lot, for its price point and desired buyers it's catering to.

The trigger was crisp and rest was nice. Couldn't tell too much since the firing pins were removed.

As mentioned above, it's heavy like the RPR. The new KRG chassis is insane , but for $3,700... hard to swallow. Go with the Whiskey or Xray to save money and weight.

Overall I was impressed

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    Well the chassis is great, it's heavy! The mags were magpul mags. This is superior than the Ruger. The action along is 10x nicer. I liked it a lot, for its price point and desired buyers it's catering to.

The trigger was crisp and rest was nice. Couldn't tell too much since the firing pins were removed.

As mentioned above, it's heavy like the RPR. The new KRG chassis is insane , but for $3,700... hard to swallow. Go with the Whiskey or Xray to save money and weight.

Overall I was impressed

Videos I'm seeing from SHOT are saying proprietary mags available for $99.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    Videos I'm seeing from SHOT are saying proprietary mags available for $99.
    Interesting... the ones I had I my hands were Pmags. Another one had their mag in it. Either way, same price as AICS mags. I feel it's better then the RPR. I will have to wait and see how well it groups

Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Haven't handled one yet, but from what I have read is that it is supposed to be a Ruger Precision killer. Time will tell. I believe it would have been a home run if it was compatible with AICS mags.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    Haven't handled one yet, but from what I have read is that it is supposed to be a Ruger Precision killer. Time will tell. I believe it would have been a home run if it was compatible with AICS mags.
    One can always buy a Tikka T3, and then put a KRG chassis on and you save money and get AICS, Accurate mags and Pmags to work.

Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I know that, but didn't they upgrade other features like the action or is there no difference than just it being in a new chassis and having prop. mags?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    Sure, we now have about 18 months of AICS Pmags available under our belt, but prior to that the preferred option was ACIS and $100 mags, and they have since become the standard. I hate to say it, but the shooting community has basically said we are ok with mags at that price level...
    I respectfully disagree. AICS mags at that price were the standard because there was no alternative. Now that there are cheaper alternatives, this is no longer the case. That is why everyone has been up in arms about the magazines. No one has complained one bit about the rifle, just the mags. I think this shows that we have said we are not ok with mags at that price level, not any longer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tikka does not make a gun that takes our mags, there were no PMAGs in the Tikka/Sako booth.

This rifle probably represents the best value in long range shooting, and is the main reason I don't recommend anyone buying a $7K custom gun anymore...
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Like others have said, it uses a proprietary mag. But they know that presents a barrier, which is why it will include 3 magazines. Replacements will be $99. For the intended market of this rifle, I don't see that being a deal breaker at all.

And like all other things Tikka, the rifle will likely be a huge bang-for-the-buck, and a solid step up from the RPR for guys that want something a little nicer. I predict you will see a lot of these out at the PRS matches in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast