Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3x tac a1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    Like others have said, it uses a proprietary mag. But they know that presents a barrier, which is why it will include 3 magazines. Replacements will be $99. For the intended market of this rifle, I don't see that being a deal breaker at all.

And like all other things Tikka, the rifle will likely be a huge bang-for-the-buck, and a solid step up from the RPR for guys that want something a little nicer. I predict you will see a lot of these out at the PRS matches in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not a deal breaker for me at all. I was all set on buying an RPR, and was almost headed down to my LGS a couple of weeks to buy one when I saw this rifle come up during some last minute RPR researching. I want a precision 308 bolt gun...Won't ever be anything more than a range toy for me, so 3 mags will be fine.

I just need to know where to find one of the puppies.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Contact Eurooptic
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Handled this gun at Shot. As M4Guru stated, it is awesome. Probably the best bang for the buck out there. We will be stocking them.

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Handled this gun at Shot. As M4Guru stated, it is awesome. Probably the best bang for the buck out there. We will be stocking them.

C4
    I'm surprised it doesn't come with a 20 MOA rail. From handling it would you say that using an ADM/LT/Bobro etc. 20 MOA mount will work without messing up a good cheekweld?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I'm surprised it doesn't come with a 20 MOA rail. From handling it would you say that using an ADM/LT/Bobro etc. 20 MOA mount will work without messing up a good cheekweld?
    I honestly cannot say, but maybe M4Guru can comment.

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    If it's like any of the other straight-line bolt rifle chassis I've used, you almost need an AR-height scope mount to make your cheekweld work. Guys coming from traditional bolt rifle stocks with a drop comb always tell you to get the lowest rings possible but that does not apply to most chassis systems.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    Any idea what they will be going for roughly?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if they plan on offering the stand alone chassis for a retro-upgrade?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
    One can always buy a Tikka T3, and then put a KRG chassis on and you save money and get AICS, Accurate mags and Pmags to work.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    I'm between getting one of these or getting a Tikka T3X CTR 20" 6.5 Creedmoor. What is this chassis worth and what, other than that and the upgraded 2 stage trigger make this preferable to buying a CTR and putting it in a KRG chassis?

My decision matrix looks like this;

Tikka CTR - $890 shipped.
    2 extra mags - $200.
    KRG X-Ray chasis - $600.

So I'm about $200 less than the TAC A1 should run. TAC A1 gives a folder chassis with M-LOK compatibility, 2 stage trigger, 24" barrel length.... for a cost of another $200-$300.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 02-03-17 at 16:54.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast