Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)

Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Drilling out any holes would be the last thing I'd do. A little Dremel work on the TG is all it takes.
    I went that route initially, but rather than wallowing out the holes, I just drilled through with a slightly larger bit. I. The end it's a great fit.
    I'll have to check but it may have been a 3/32nds bit. I put my trigger guard in a vise. Made sure it was level and straight and got busy. Now you can't even tell other than where I jacked up one of the tabs prying the stuck pin out. But that's what I bought that aluminum black stuff for. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word”. J. Steinbeck

“Pro libertate publica."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Drilling out any holes would be the last thing I'd do. A little Dremel work on the TG is all it takes.
    Miswording. My bad.

I see. My problem is A. I dont have a Dremel and B. My lowers sit as younglings because me hand isnt up to putting it together.

ETA FWIW I have an 8 lower and a 17 lower.

Should I have a problem?
    Last edited by Firefly; 03-20-17 at 16:50.

Feedback Score
    Products build legends. Customer service builds REPUTATIONS.

I think KAC is safe on both accounts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I went that route initially, but rather than wallowing out the holes, I just drilled through with a slightly larger bit. I. The end it's a great fit.
    I'll have to check but it may have been a 3/32nds bit. I put my trigger guard in a vise. Made sure it was level and straight and got busy. Now you can't even tell other than where I jacked up one of the tabs prying the stuck pin out. But that's what I bought that aluminum black stuff for. Lol

I'm sure it'll work but now the lower & TG are married now. Not a big deal if you never change them out. Hopefully the pin never loosens or you may be SOL. Shaving the ear or filing on the TG is a better fix, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Miswording. My bad.

I see. My problem is A. I dont have a Dremel and B. My lowers sit as younglings because me hand isnt up to putting it together.

Should I have a problem?
    Buy one, they're cheap. Every dude should own one. There's many uses around the house for one.

No idea if you'll have a problem or not. Seems to be a hit 'n miss issue from what I've read. Some guys ran into it, some didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Miswording. My bad.

Should I have a problem?
    I don't know if all the 17 series have issues, but that's the same series as my lower. I would just contact KAC. I sent them a message Sunday night and they responded already. I'm sure they will help you out either way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word”. J. Steinbeck

“Pro libertate publica."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I see. Thanks for the answers, gents.

When I am up to putting them together I'll just see. If I run into an issue; I'll shoot Jack & co. an email.

As it stands, my lowers certainly look okay. I really don't want an outright replacement because meh.

When I'm up to hammering pins and all, I'll cross that bridge.
    Last edited by Firefly; 03-20-17 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I see. Thanks for the answers, gents.

When I am up to putting them together I'll just see. If I run into an issue; I'll shoot Jack & co. an email.

As it stands, my lowers certainly look okay. I really don't want an outright replacement because meh.

When I'm up to hammering pins and all, I'll cross that bridge.
    Tried sending a PM, but your mailbox is stuff.

“Pro libertate publica."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Tried sending a PM, but your mailbox is stuff.

cleared my bin
    Welcome to the KAC!

Feedback Score
    I'm one of the unlucky.
    http://imgur.com/e4sbSqJ
    There were bumps on the anodizing that I could rub off with my finger exposing bare aluminum.

After reluctantly paying to ship it back. I got another the other day, this one with out of spec trigger ears.

KAC wanted me to pay AGAIN to ship it back, but they had a change of heart today and sent me a prepaid label.

I almost had to open an Instagram account and start crying.
    Last edited by Xhado; 03-20-17 at 18:24.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061