Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    You gentlemen are lucky, I am on my 2nd replacement with no dice. Anyone in Northern VA that wants a discounted lower PM me.
    Does it drop USGIs?
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Does it drop USGIs?
    Yes, everything but gen 3s

Feedback Score
    I have an sr15 e3 and a new stripped lower. Pmags won't drop free from either of them. Tried all generations, too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You gentlemen are lucky, I am on my 2nd replacement with no dice. Anyone in Northern VA that wants a discounted lower PM me.
    I'm in the same boat. My first lower would only drop GI mags, and no PMAGs regardless of generation. My replacement lower will not drop Gen 3 PMAGs, but will drop others with a little drag.

Feedback Score
    This is why I buy Colt.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Dang..... I'm gonna need another safe.
    It just gets old buying safes !
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just installed the magazine catch and release (ALG Defense LPK) to test function. My windowed M3s drop freely at an upright position and at a 45 degree angle. The mag needs a little bit of extra loving on insertion but I am sure it will smooth out. I'll update when I check other magazines. The lower's serial # is in the KM01071XXX range.

EDIT: M2s and USGI drop freely and has less resistance when loading. M3 20rd will not drop freely though.
    Last edited by hardgainer14; 10-07-17 at 00:57. Reason: Updated tested magazines

Feedback Score
    I just had a build completed with a Knight's stripped lower from G&R I bought a couple of months ago. It took a Magpul trigger guard without any problem and Gen3 PMAGs drop free. Must've got lucky (?).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Yes, everything but gen 3s
    I sent my stripped lower back to KAC due to it being difficult to insert aluminum GI mags, Lancers, and Magpuls (all generations). I also destroyed a KAC trigger guard trying to install it and ultimately used a Magpul. I had assembled the lower before I realized the issues. After contacting KAC, I sent the lower back to them. It was returned to me in about 3 or 4 weeks time and the serial number indicates it is the same lower. They returned it with a KAC trigger guard installed (I think one of the new ones but no band aid). It also now drops GI mags, Lancers, and Gen 1 and 2 Magpuls. Like yours, mine will not drop Gen 3 Pmags, they have to be pulled out. Just another data point. It makes me wonder if Magpul Gen 3 magazines have a slightly different geometry or thickness.

I do appreciate the great customer service from KAC. They went above and beyond.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_TheGunNut View Post
    They returned it with a KAC trigger guard installed (I think one of the new ones but no band aid). It also now drops GI mags, Lancers, and Gen 1 and 2 Magpuls. Like yours, mine will not drop Gen 3 Pmags, they have to be pulled out. Just another data point. It makes me wonder if Magpul Gen 3 magazines have a slightly different geometry or thickness.
    The band aid is not visible after it's installed in the lower, so unless you removed it, you won't know if it's there. If I recall correctly, it was on the top of the trigger guard above the roll pin hole.

There's definitely something a little different between Gen 2 and 3 PMAG dimensions, but it's my Gen 2s that give me a little trouble in the KAC lower. Some of them act like they're bulging out at the sides or something with the way they drag in the mag well. My Gen 3s work fine.

Page 71 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast