Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I don't have a trigger guard at all at this point. I don't even know if my lower is out of spec as it's still sealed. I'm curious as to what is out of spec on the affected lowers; size of the ear preventing install or hole location is off? Which would affect any trigger guard used.
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread & across other forums.
    The problem is the length of the ears, not the hole location.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have a trigger guard at all at this point. I don't even know if my lower is out of spec as it's still sealed. I'm curious as to what is out of spec on the affected lowers; size of the ear preventing install or hole location is off? Which would affect any trigger guard used.
    People have posted that other vendor's trigger guards may work fine. No big deal unless you want to use a KAC trigger guard. Your choices are to; a) modify the lower by shortening the ears, b) modify the KAC trigger guard to accommodate the ears, c) contact KAC and they'll send you one that will work. I opted for c.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread & across other forums.
    The problem is the length of the ears, not the hole location.
    It would seem I missed the exact detail of what the issue was, hence my question. And I don't really read other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    People have posted that other vendor's trigger guards may work fine. No big deal unless you want to use a KAC trigger guard. Your choices are to; a) modify the lower by shortening the ears, b) modify the KAC trigger guard to accommodate the ears, c) contact KAC and they'll send you one that will work. I opted for c.
    Thanks for the detail. Option C it is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It would seem I missed the exact detail of what the issue was, hence my question. And I don't really read other forums.

Thanks for the detail. Option C it is.
    I should also mention that not all lowers have this issue. I'm not sure what the SN range is but I think it's somewhere in this 70 page thread.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I wanted to update this thread incase someone is thinking of buying these lowers. Gen 3 30 round pmags do not drop free.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I remember trying all my mags when I assembled it. They all dropped free IIRC. I will check again tonight if I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i don't know how i got so lucky with my kac lower but i've had none of the reported issues with it

i just double checked mine and gen3 30 round windowed pmags drop free no problem

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yep my trigger guard fit fine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just tested the following magazines in mine, which is equipped with a Colt magazine release:

PMAG M3: dropped free (tested two)
    PMAG M2 #1 (new OD green): top inch of the magazine repeatedly hung up in mag well
    PMAG M2 #2 (new FDE): dropped free
    Brownells USGI: dropped free
    Tango Down ARC Mk 2: dropped free
    Lancer AWM: initially completely hung up, but after repeated attempts, the sides of the metal feed lips seem to smooth out and it starts to drop easier; kind of wiggles around, sometimes gets hung up
    USGI EPM (new, only fired once): completely hung up, won't drop
    Old, old Thermold: dropped free, no issues!

Seems like my results were a bit inconsistent.
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 09-21-17 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    You gentlemen are lucky, I am on my 2nd replacement with no dice. Anyone in Northern VA that wants a discounted lower PM me.

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast