Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Could someone please point me in the direction to the solution for the KAC trigger guard not fitting on these lowers? I searched but couldn't find any specifics.

Thanks!
    Post 417

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...61#post2458661

Remove part of the radius of the trigger guard that is preventing the installation of the TG. Technically, it's the long ears that are preventing it but I would rather alter a $30 TG vs a $200 lower. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    The shoulder on roll pin side of the TG was too close to the hole. If I installed the front first, the rear wouldn't seat all the way in between the ears. The roll pin hole was over a third blocked. If I installed the roll pin first, the TG wouldn't rotate into position without hitting the ears first.
    I had a Dremel chainsaw sharpening stone that seemed to fit the TG shoulder radius perfectly so buzzed the shoulders on the TG to make it fit, then cleaned it up with Alumi-Black.

I'm generally not one to rag on a manufacturers, send emails, and request replacements and all that jazz. Shit happens & it was an easy fix. I assume at some point they changed the specs in either the TG or the lower... or it was simply a tolerance stacking issue. I also had an aluminum Magpul TG & it fit the lower fine.

I didn't post about to start a shit storm. Since I read that others had the same problem, I decided to mention it here just so people are aware that there might be an issue installing it.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 05-01-17 at 14:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.