Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I fitted the part, not the lower. Dunno which is out of spec.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I fitted the part, not the lower. Dunno which is out of spec.
    I think his point is neither should require fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The whole KAC trigger guard not fitting these lowers was discussed earlier in this thread. Not sure why people keep thinking that $200 lowers are being altered to fit a $30 TG. It is a simple fix but one that shouldn't have to be done.
    Seeing that some fit & some don't, leads me to believe it's a QC issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I received a SN "8" series lower and fortunately the KAC TG I purchased fit without a problem.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirnyx View Post
    No, they won't which is complete BS. It's their mistake these lowers made it out in the wild. I have a few, one is "battle worn" and the others are what you would expect from a top level company.
    Colt won't either (BTW). Why? Because of .
    having .mil contracts for a VERY long time. These Contracts could care less about a blem.

Companies that receive the bulk of their sales in this manner put F&F at the bottom of importance.

Civy's want military issued guns/parts. IMHO, this is part of the deal you get when you buy from these companies.

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-07-17 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    having .mil contracts for a VERY long time. These Contracts that could care less about a blem.

Companies that receive the bulk of their sales in this manner put F&F at the bottom of importance.

Civy's want military issued guns/parts. IMHO, this is part of the deal you get when you buy from these companies.

C4

Exactly, us been afforded the opportunity to buy anything at all from KAC is a luxury.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    having .mil contracts for a VERY long time. These Contracts that could care less about a blem.

Perhaps but it doesn't mesh with my previous experiences with KAC or Colt for that matter. Specifically looking at these non-ambi lowers, I have more than one and the others are fine. My other KAC components and factory builds are what you would expect from a company of their standing.

Bottom line is we're not talking about providing warranty on a part that failed after field use. It's a substandard part right off the factory floor.

Feedback Score
    And everyone wondered why KAC never offered stripped lowers. Now KAC has to wonder, "Why did we offer stripped lowers?". Lol
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    And everyone wondered why KAC never offered stripped lowers. Now KAC has to wonder, "Why did we offer stripped lowers?". Lol
    The venture certainly didn't generate the kind of marketing they were looking for. That said, the stripped KAC lower adventure may be coming to an end, as it seems most retailers are out of stock. And I believe Ayan stated it was a limited release. For better or worse, the stripped lowers made it out into the wild, and now only time will tell if it hurt KAC's reputation. Franken-KACs passed off as genuine KACs will not help.
    Last edited by Feline; 03-07-17 at 08:36.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    The venture certainly didn't generate the kind of marketing they were looking for. That said, the stripped KAC lower adventure may be coming to an end, as it seems most retailers are out of stock. And I believe Ayan stated it was a limited release. For better or worse, the stripped lowers made it out into the wild, and now only time will tell if it hurt KAC's reputation. Franken-KACs passed off as genuine KACs will not help.
    I had some concern with Franken KAC's but in all honesty, if you have even half a brain you can identify a forgery VERY easily.

1. These lowers don't have the integrated ambi features of the complete rifles or lowers.

2. The KAC gas system is unmistakable on a MOD 2 and on a legacy rifle... not easy to replicate.

3. All KAC rifles will have an E3 bolt with the rounded lugs.

Honestly, you could just identify it with 1 and 3. I'm sure some uninformed folks will be fooled but, anyone who does any research at all will know.

Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast