Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lame Ammo question: What to stock up on for doomsday...193, 855, 262 or 318

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Totally agree with this. I keep some Mk318, IMI Mk262, Gold Dots, IMI 62gr M855 and some of my home made 75 grain pills.

I plink with whatever; 55 gr, 62 gr usually LC or IMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The High Lord and Exalted Savior Donald Trump told me to diversify. I quit worrying about SHTF ammo and simply stocked up on a variety of ammo across the board. My Magtech and IMI 55gr. both shoot very good as does my MEN 56gr.

I also have a few thousand rounds of 77gr. (Magtech), 75gr. TAP, Speer Gold Dot (55gr. and 64gr.) and other stuff. Aside from having good ammo for accuracy testing, etc.. I quit worrying about the super duper wonderbullet and focused on multiple magic pills in the right spot.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    If you are looking for a round with mil-spec primers, sealed and crimped and tar sealant around the bullet you can always get something like IMI M193. M855 sucks for pretty much everything, poor terminal ballistics and I cant shoot steel with it.

Since Federal fusion is still .223 velocity you can get something like .223 62gr FMJ Prvi. But honestly if you're shooting 100 yards and in, the difference in POI is negligible.
    Well ouch... In all my examination of the Fusion MSR I never picked up on the fact it was 223 velocity. Should have suspected!

OK, I guess I keep buying decent 193 clones and adjust. And revisit the defense ammo pick!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Not sure why people like stocking up on M855 garbage.
    M855 and M193 is what I will use as currency.

I keep good stuff to do work.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    M855 and M193 is what I will use as currency.

I keep good stuff to do work.
    Well put.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Currently developing my own 75gr stuff to mass produce for competition then stack away extra, meanwhile have some IMI 77's and my own 55's on hand just to not be behind. I really like the savings on reloading 75/77gr vs. buying it. Just a few hours with the blue press and I get it for 1/3 the cost of factory and my own two eyes for QC which is more than what can be said for a lot of stuff. Maybe your budget can ignore a couple hundred bucks savings per 1K but mine cannot at the present.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 02-20-17 at 21:56.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    This was one of the best ammo deals I have seen in awhile. This is SS109 ammunition that was made in Belgium by FN. The first place I saw it was SGAmmo for .35 cents per round delivered. The next deal which was the best was AmmunitionDepot. They had a deal that if you purchased (2) M2A1 ammo cans, your order shipped free. They had the same ammo for 299.99. So the price of the ammo, plus (2) additional cans was 319.98 delivered. Order took 5 days from time of order to drop off at my porch.

1. Tips do not have green paint on them.

2. Rounds are packed (50) to a box and (20) boxes per case.

3. Primers have green sealant similar to the Carl Gustav SS109 ammo that was one the market a while back.

4. Lot numbers from all the vendors I have seen (SGammo, AmmunitionDepot, JG Sales, etc..) all appear to be the same. That tells me that one company most likely brought it in, and then sold it to the others.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    My doomsday stash consists of, a pallet of toilet paper, a few big bags of cheetos, a couple beer helmets and a bottle of lagavulin scotch. 5 years after shtf that toilet paper will be worth an Abrams tank!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    Been stocking up on Speer Gold Dot .223 64 grain and Remington Hog Hammer (Barnes HP bullets) .223 62 grain ammo.

I have two Colt 6721' s with 1/9 HBAR barrels since they are currently the only Maryland legal Colts so I am shying away from the heavier rounds. Both of these shoot well and are readily available.

Midway was running a clearance sale on the Hog Hammers at $13.69 per 20 but I just checked and they are back up to $25+ a box again.

I have a couple thousand rounds of Federal and Winchester white box 5.56 for plinking.

Feedback Score
    Ammo for stocking up I think good quality ball ammo for both rifles and pistols.

A lot of people have been killed by ball ammo. If we get to a point where it is truly dooms day, you want stuff to put in your firearm that will go bang. For with out things that go bang, you would be better off with a baseball bat for defense.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast