Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Modular Handgun System contract award

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    The slides falling off the frame was a pretty big deal for a 5th generation gun that largely hasn't changed.

Although it barely got new because it was a Glock.
    That is a false statement. Slides on the M guns never came off during live fire. Get your facts right.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score

GAO report on the Glock/MHS protest

For anyone with a bit of time to spare and any interest in the topic. Some evaluation results are also included:

"Based upon the technical evaluation and my comparative analysis of the proposals, the Sig Sauer proposal has a slight technical advantage over the Glock proposal given that their proposal was rated higher in Factor 1, Bid Sample Test – Technical which is the most important factor. The advantage of the Sig Sauer proposal is increased when the license rights and production manufacturing factors are brought into consideration. [. . .] The price analysis shows that the Sig Sauer total evaluated price is $102,705,394 less than the Glock total evaluated price, making the Sig Sauer proposal overall the Best Value to the Government.
    Sig Sauer’s proposal was slightly superior technically and clearly superior in factors 4 and 5. Since there were so few other discriminators between the two proposals in most aspects, the least important factor, price, became a significant discriminator. Simply put, when taking the price premium into account, there is no correlating superior performance factor for Glock, as compared to Sig Sauer, to support paying that premium. Consequently, I cannot justify paying a price premium of over 37% for the Glock submission, even as a second award. One (1) award to Sig Sauer on Solicitation Number W15QKN-15-R-0002 represents the overall best value to the Government."

http://www.gao.gov/assets/690/685461.pdf
    Last edited by Slater; 06-28-17 at 13:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That was an interesting read. The language seemed to emphatically confer that Glock's arguments really unsubstantiated.

Also, Sig's proposal was really 100 million dollars less? Damn. That's a lot.

Hopefully this forces Glock to start doing some things differently. I still need to pick up a compact 320.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Glock MHS pics (manual safety)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not sure I would want a Glock with a thumb safety but I would love one without the finger grooves on the grip!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Not sure I would want a Glock with a thumb safety but I would love one without the finger grooves on the grip!
    Exactly, now remove the safety and add forward serrations and we'll finally have the Glock everyone has been wanting.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    10 minutes work and it is minus finger groves

Feedback Score
    Ambi slide stop!!!!!! Offer it without the damn safety

Any word on a civilian release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'd shoot bad guys in the face with it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    10 minutes work and it is minus finger groves
    Though I agree that it can be done, it will take more than 10m to look good. If they offer the frame as shown, there is no need to grind anything down.

Totally agree on the forward serrations as well.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast