Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Modular Handgun System contract award

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoublaster View Post
    I found a 350+ page document on here that looks like the RFP. I'm a novice at following things like this.
    Thanks. I can never find anything searching that sight. I always get 100 pages of responses. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Thanks. I can never find anything searching that sight. I always get 100 pages of responses. David
    No problem. I'm learning a bit about how procurement works among the many things I've learned on M4C.

Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    RFP said the guns were to be tested with 12,500 rounds, had to have a MRBS of 1,500 and a MRBEFF of 10,000.
    MRBEFF? I'm not familiar with that one.
    Last edited by Bayoublaster; 03-03-17 at 08:09.
    Industry Disclosure: I work at a local gun shop.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    If Glock submitted anything like the 17 M models I would assume they failed the test miserably given the rapid recall of the IMPD guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If Glock submitted anything like the 17 M models I would assume they failed the test miserably given the rapid recall of the IMPD guns.
    Because the Sig did so well in the FBI tests (he said with sarcasm)? Lets not forget that the FBI RFP was written for the Sig and the gun failed every stage of the FBI testing. The same testing which the Glock M series obviously passed and was accepted. It is my understanding that the issue with the IMPD guns has been found and corrected.

12,500 rounds is not much of a durability test. The M9 was approximately twice that. If Sig can deliver a gun that works and has the reliability and durability necessary that's great but their track record in that department is not very stellar at this point.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sndt1319 View Post
    A quick look through the RFP seems to indicate that Price was the evaluation factor with the least importance. Right around pg 339 of the base RFP they lay it all out for those interested.

Not having worked in a program office there were somethings I wasn't sure of. This RFQ stated that up to three contracts would be issued to down selects. I'm not sure if Glock was awarded something beyond this contract or what happened. I don't have the time to wade through it all but I was impressed that Price was listed so far below all the other metrics.

Digital are you referring to the FAT not having started or some other aspect of testing?
    The requirement listed in the RFP is minimum, the real testing will not begin until they receive the first lot.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe R. View Post
    Because the Sig did so well in the FBI tests (he said with sarcasm)? Lets not forget that the FBI RFP was written for the Sig and the gun failed every stage of the FBI testing. The same testing which the Glock M series obviously passed and was accepted. It is my understanding that the issue with the IMPD guns has been found and corrected.

12,500 rounds is not much of a durability test. The M9 was approximately twice that. If Sig can deliver a gun that works and has the reliability and durability necessary that's great but their track record in that department is not very stellar at this point.
    Well that is just not true(Bold). FBI preferred the Glock, reduced training time since they already use them. Also, Sig did not fail every test... that is just silly.

Glock had stated they fixed the issue, but the "fixed" guns are having issues too.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 03-03-17 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    the only thing that was similar was the grip. It was a whole new mold.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Glock may have protested because there was nothing in the solicitation that said the slide had to stay on the gun during use.

I kid the Glockers. Maybe the Russians hacked the army and ice trials.

Hell, it appears the Glock didn't even make the final two in The ICE trials. Maybe the FBI ultimately decided the difference was so minimal they should just stick it out with the guns they already had (holsters, armorers, mag pouches, etc) and be dumb be with it. Seems more likely than all the conspiracy spinning.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Glock may have protested because there was nothing in the solicitation that said the slide had to stay on the gun during use.

I kid the Glockers. Maybe the Russians hacked the army and ice trials.

Hell, it appears the Glock didn't even make the final two in The ICE trials. Maybe the FBI ultimately decided the difference was so minimal they should just stick it out with the guns they already had (holsters, armorers, mag pouches, etc) and be dumb be with it. Seems more likely than all the conspiracy spinning.
    Well I laughed and I carry a Glock every day lol
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Endurance and acceptance test have not begun. will have to wait until the suit is dismissed, which it will be.

This is heavily covered by NDA, and the public will never know why Glock was not selected (unless Glock files for release and they accept). If they ever do release a picture of it You will see immediately why, It was comical to put it lightly.
    Glock has had a TS model for a long time. The pic I saw (many years ago) looked like a monkey fornicating a football.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast