Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M16A4 "clone"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M16A4 "clone"

For quite a while (years) I have been wanting an M16A2 clone of some sort, and never pulled the trigger, so to speak.

At some point, maybe 2 years ago, I became a lot more attracted to the idea of an A4 clone...but knew that meant MUCH more money. Well, over the past couple of years, I acquired a very lightly used TA01 for an awesome price, and even snagged a P&S Systems RAS....so the time was now to go ahead with the project. I awaited the BCM 20 inch government uppers to be in stock then pounced on one. The lower is Anderson, and I used the BCM PNT trigger (actually quite nice). Receiver extension/spring/buffer from BCM, but had to get the stock from PSA (seems perfectly fine and solid).

Is it 100 percent accurate? No...But I friggin love this thing.

It is sort of a tribute to my best friend who was in the Marine Corps from about '04-'08 (hence the millennium series light) and carried an A4 on his second deployment (with M203).

Range report hopefully soon.
    IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0546.jpg
    Last edited by Animal_Mother556; 01-20-17 at 17:41.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    Looks great! But if you really want to make it look authentic you need to beat the shit out of it, bang it up a bit, "privatize" it haha. But it really looks nice man. Great job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought the same thing, honestly. It looks WAY to "new" to be a real A4
    -

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    That looks great. I like!
    Good job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal_Mother556 View Post
    For quite a while (years) I have been wanting an M16A2 clone of some sort, and never pulled the trigger, so to speak.

At some point, maybe 2 years ago, I became a lot more attracted to the idea of an A4 clone...but knew that meant MUCH more money. Well, over the past couple of years, I acquired a very lightly used TA01 for an awesome price, and even snagged a P&S Systems RAS....so the time was now to go ahead with the project. I awaited the BCM 20 inch government uppers to be in stock then pounced on one. The lower is Anderson, and I used the BCM PNT trigger (actually quite nice). Receiver extension/spring/buffer from BCM, but had to get the stock from PSA (seems perfectly fine and solid).

Is it 100 percent accurate? No...But I friggin love this thing.

It is sort of a tribute to my best friend who was in the Marine Corps from about '04-'08 (hence the millennium series light) and carried an A4 on his second deployment (with M203).

Range report hopefully soon.
    That looks good. I would not fret over it not being 100% correct. Many A4 builds I see are not, including the two I have. Close is good. What is important is that it looks right, shoots great, and you like it.

These are my two M16A4 clones. I did the first one back in 2008. I wanted to do a USMC clone myself. I started with a complete CMMG 20" Gov't model (which I picked up used) and added the goodies (Trijicon TA31-RCOA4, MaTech rear sight, KAC M5 RAS, and the sling). The other I built from the ground up (more or less). It has a Windham Weaponry A2 Gov't. Profile 20inch Upper Receiver/Barrel Assembly (which is very accurate), a Windham Weaponry detachable carrying handle, Windham Weaponry M16 BCG, McKay Enterprises lower (no logo - ETA: Now replaced with a custom M16A4 marked lower), PSA lower parts, an original M16A2 safety selector (modified), a White Oak Armament A2 buttstock assembly (great stuff), and a P&S Products M5 RAS.

Last edited by Renegade04; 06-01-17 at 20:19.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hell Yeah! I'll bet your buddy approves. Nicely done!!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Well done!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very cool! Kinda wanna do one myself now, dang you! Lol

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you want to help with your eye relief, contact Macedon Defense about their ACOG Riser/Spacer. You'll thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal_Mother556 View Post
    I thought the same thing, honestly. It looks WAY to "new" to be a real A4

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmmmmmmmm....I do hate the ACOG eye relief....
    -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast