Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-lug tool interest?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Tri-lug tool interest?

I turned this out in the mill this afternoon as a quick and easy tool for torquing tri lugs. Doesn't seem to be anything else readily available. Just use this with a standard socket. Original intent was just for use in my scorpion but it would work with nearly anything I suppose.

This was eyeballed on the mill out of 22mm hex scrap. Selling versions would be 1-1/8" and done with the DRO for consistency.

Price would be $25 if there were enough interest for me to make a few.

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely interested.

...but I have my own mill, so thanks for the great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Definitely interested.

...but I have my own mill, so thanks for the great idea.
    No problem.

My goal is to help out all the guys that don't have the capability to make their own tools. Offer some things in small batches you don't see elsewhere that are simple but require some equipment to make.

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think there was a thread not too long ago about this very subject. Someone was asking what people use to torque 3-lug MDs.
    Griffin Armament makes something similar but it's made out of rubber, rendering it useless for applying any useful amount of torque.
    I ended up just using a standard Cresent wrench on mine, but your setup ideal IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    I have a machinist that's made quite a few things for people here. Same guy that makes the Omega/MAAD adapter and the end caps and direct thread adapters. I don't have any 3-lug needs, but another guy did...and he posted this up:

Originally Posted By Engineer:
    A little off topic, but kudos to HEE. He and I worked on getting a set of 3-lug wrenches made up since I never see any available for sale. Ended up doing two hole patterns because different 3-lug adapters from different manufacturers seemed to have different diameters:

]

Very affordable and top notch work!
    I believe he said the guy charged him $10/shipped for each one, so he bought 5. I'm pretty sure several other people ordered one.

ETA: confirmed $10/shipped, in stainless

Just another option for something you could make.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 01-22-17 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I have a machinist that's made quite a few things for people here. Same guy that makes the Omega/MAAD adapter and the end caps and direct thread adapters. I don't have any 3-lug needs, but another guy did...and he posted this up:

I believe he said the guy charged him $10/shipped for each one, so he bought 5. I'm pretty sure several other people ordered one.

Just another option for something you could make.
    That wrench wouldn't be hard either. Just need another adapter for reference.

Main reason I went the direction I did was two-fold. First I wanted to mount the Tri-lug under a carbine handguard on my scorpion. This lets you use standard socket extensions. Second if you're anal like I am, it lets you use a torque wrench.

That an hex stock is easy to come by, center up and machine out. My machinist skills are far from master level so the easier the better lol

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    I like the socket better because of hand guards and other stuff that gets in the way of a wrench. Plus you could get a torque wrench on that.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd buy one, I have a 3-lug can on the way.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Rugged has not made a tool for their Obsidian. Might be a market until they put one out.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Ive based fitment for this on my hkparts.net adapter and drawings online. Would a couple of you guys with different brands be willing to do some fit testing for me?

I'd make it out of the 22mm stock I have on hand and ship it to you for the price of feedback.

Nate
    NAAH Tool Works
    Naahtoolworks@gmail.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast