Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Mags vs. Colt Mags?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shoot two CMMG pmm AR's with Colt style mags from Palmetto State Armory. I grab them when they go on sale for $19.99. One AR is an SBR the other 16". Can't wait to shoot them in PCC class in IDPA this season.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ASC makes a good magazine. I just ordered (and received) three of their magazines for my CMMG MK-9 for $15.26 each. If you shop around the steel Colt style 9mm magazines are just as cost effective as Glock magazines.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyman87 View Post
    Still closer than .22LR.

Thank you both for the insight. I think now that I know the PSA mags are the same as the super-expensive Colt mags, this one's close to a no-brainer for me. Unless I get anything to the contrary, I'll probably lean towards the Colt. Maybe even pick up a 6951.
    Yes it's definitely closer to the 5.56 than the .22! I just looked last night and the PSA 9mm mags are dow to $16.99! That's a freaking awesome price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9...-magazine.html
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Yes it's definitely closer to the 5.56 than the .22! I just looked last night and the PSA 9mm mags are dow to $16.99! That's a freaking awesome price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9...-magazine.html
    Just picked up four to go with my new Colt 6951!

Hoping to pick up the gun from my FFL later in the week, and will have the mags here to meet it!

Feedback Score
    I wound up buying a CMMG MK9T (with the keymod handguard), because of my concern about using Glock mags vs Colt SMG mags for suppressed use. I considered a Wilson AR9 with Glock mags, but even that rifle seems picky. It would appear one needs to upgrade the mag springs to stiffer Wolff springs in the Glock 33 rd mags, and it was never made clear to me by Wilson how to run the rifle suppressed.

With the CMMG, I get steel mags that should hold up well with use (I am using Brownells mags with great success thus far), and the ability to swap buffers and buffer springs once I get a suppressor for it (I will definitely be seeking help from Slash's heavy buffers). It also uses standard Colt pattern parts. I just wish it would come with a chrome lined barrel. I tried looking high and low for a new 6951, but everyone is sold out.

I thought about a CZ Scorpion, but the magazine feed lip cracking issue turned me off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I wound up buying a CMMG MK9T (with the keymod handguard), because of my concern about using Glock mags vs Colt SMG mags for suppressed use. I considered a Wilson AR9 with Glock mags, but even that rifle seems picky. It would appear one needs to upgrade the mag springs to stiffer Wolff springs in the Glock 33 rd mags, and it was never made clear to me by Wilson how to run the rifle suppressed.

With the CMMG, I get steel mags that should hold up well with use (I am using Brownells mags with great success thus far), and the ability to swap buffers and buffer springs once I get a suppressor for it (I will definitely be seeking help from Slash's heavy buffers). It also uses standard Colt pattern parts. I just wish it would come with a chrome lined barrel. I tried looking high and low for a new 6951, but everyone is sold out.
    I may have gotten one of the last ones out in the wild without going to GunBroker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12