Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which A5 buffer to use with SR-15 11.5 CQB MOD 2?

Feedback Score
    Really odd that the 11 in model wouldn't function properly with Wolf ammo (using KAC HH buffer - that comes with the gun).

Defective gun?

Feedback Score
    Now I’m having doubts about using Vltor A5 on my KAC 11.5 upper.... would suck to spent 3000 on a gun only to find it doesn’t function properly

Feedback Score
    I wonder if KAC has two different uppers for the 11 in model. One for regular use and a special one with smaller port size for suppressed use only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Account View Post
    Really odd that the 11 in model wouldn't function properly with Wolf ammo (using KAC HH buffer - that comes with the gun).

Defective gun?
    I doubt it.

I had my basically brand new 2k round 14.5 mod 2 with me and I even switched the entire BCG at one point and it was still doing the same thing that eliminates some potential issues. I also shot with different mags lancer AWM, M3’s, and Okay w/magpul followers basically I tried to eliminate as much as possible with what I had on hand.

As soon as I started shooting M855 it was 100% reliable for the next 420 rounds.

I will point out that it feels like it shoots almost as soft as my 14.5 with a MAMS and the 11.5 still wears the pronged FH.

OP you could always put the A5 on anything else at any point. Don’t be disheartened by my experience KAC has a great reputation for a reason.

Feedback Score
    Do you really think the upper or A5 equipped lower is the issue or is it the ammo?
    From what has been presented so far, I would tend to look towards ammunition considerations.

Feedback Score
    Ya I'm 100% sure it was ammo issues maybe a lower pressure lot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234