Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which A5 buffer to use with SR-15 11.5 CQB MOD 2?

Feedback Score

Which A5 buffer to use with SR-15 11.5 CQB MOD 2?

Just got my SBR stamp back and I have decided to get an 11.5 CQB SR-15 MOD 2 upper. The lower I have started with is, a BCM A5 with BCM action spring and Vltor A5H0.

I am thinking about replacing just the buffer with an A5H2, and I am wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this combination, or if I should go with a heaver/lighter buffer, or stiffer/softer action spring such as the Sprinco green, or colt?

This rifle will be shot unsuppressed and also with a 7.62 omega.

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't know if I would mess with it, KAC tunes their guns to run appropriately with a carbine buffer system. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I run A5H3 and a Vltor or Colt spring in MANY 11.5 KAC rifles without an issue.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I run A5H3 and a Vltor or Colt spring in MANY 11.5 KAC rifles without an issue.
    Similar here, I have a lot of these, I tend to use Colt rifle action springs over the Vltor ones. The A5H3 tends to work well in these with full port pressure 5.56. With lower pressure ammo, an A5H2 can work better for those.
    I really can't say about using these with the Omega can specifically, but with some cans, you can run more mass and/or spring than others better when dedicated to that can.

Feedback Score
    I've been using an A5H1, but I am wondering when if ever you will have a problem by adding the suppressor and not putting in a heavier buffer

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info guys,

It sounds like i can use a heaver buffer than i thought (A5H3), especially with a can.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am planning on on getting this exact same set up. Can more people with KAC SR-15 11.5 CQB and vltor a5 chime in with their experience? I plan on using the standard Vltor A5 pistol buffer kit (A5H2 buffer weight) with my KAC SR-15 E3 11.5 upper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by heavygunner8 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am planning on on getting this exact same set up. Can more people with KAC SR-15 11.5 CQB and vltor a5 chime in with their experience? I plan on using the standard Vltor A5 pistol buffer kit (A5H2 buffer weight) with my KAC SR-15 E3 11.5 upper.
    I eneded up getting the Vltor A5H3 and it works great. With or without a SiCo Omega,
    I have mostly been shooting M193 and some occasional 223 pressure rounds with no issues to speak of.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by delta-1 View Post
    I eneded up getting the Vltor A5H3 and it works great. With or without a SiCo Omega,
    I have mostly been shooting M193 and some occasional 223 pressure rounds with no issues to speak of.

Hope this helps.
    Hey! Thanks for that. Do you think A5H2 would be fine too?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast