Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which A5 buffer to use with SR-15 11.5 CQB MOD 2?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would keep it all Vltor like the kit comes OEM.. see how it performs. ok I just looked back at your original post.. You have what you need, just get the heavier Vltor buffer already discussed..
    Last edited by lt211; 11-09-17 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    I am going to go with the A5 with A5H2 buffer weight on my 11.5 KAC upper. This will be my home defense gun, I want to make sure it’s as reliable as possible. I’ve had folks tell me it’s perfectly fine, one guy even have thousands of rounds through his with the same set up without a hiccup. If there is anyone else that wants to comment or have additional experience please let me know. Im about to pull the trigger and buy the upper.

Feedback Score
    I'd keep it stock. I'll chime in but probably won't answer your question.

I found out this weekend my new 11.5 mod 2 wouldn't work with either the KAC buffer a H1 or H3 and colt spring or with a A5HO-H4 and springco green.

Shooting was done unsuppressed with Wolf Gold as soon as I switched to M855 all my issues went away (with KAC buffer). Point being it was built to be shoot with M ammo and probably suppressed with their buffer.

I don't see the point in spending the money on the A5 when all you need to do is get a Colt m4 spring and buy a Magpul carbine RE $60 bucks and your done. You probably wont notice any difference anyways. Do what you want its your cash bud.

Edit: don't forget to check you rifles function during the colder days or nights. Swapping in heavier buffers can make your gun short stroke during colder weather due to lower port pressure.
    Last edited by dhena81; 11-13-17 at 22:35.

Feedback Score
    You said it would not work with the KAC buffer that came with the upper? I’m confused

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhena81 View Post
    I'd keep it stock. I'll chime in but probably won't answer your question.

I found out this weekend my new 11.5 mod 2 wouldn't work with either the KAC buffer a H1 or H3 and colt spring or with a A5HO-H4 and springco green.

Shooting was done unsuppressed with Wolf Gold as soon as I switched to M855 all my issues went away (with KAC buffer). Point being it was built to be shoot with M ammo and probably suppressed with their buffer.

I don't see the point in spending the money on the A5 when all you need to do is get a Colt m4 spring and buy a Magpul carbine RE $60 bucks and your done. You probably wont notice any difference anyways. Do what you want its your cash bud.

Edit: don't forget to check you rifles function during the colder days or nights. Swapping in heavier buffers can make your gun short stroke during colder weather due to lower port pressure.
    Your upper wouldn’t cycle wolf gold with an A5H0? That has to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    It wouldn't work when shooting Wolf Gold when I switched to M855 it was flawless.

I didn't go back and shoot all the other buffer combinations frankly I was done tinkering with it I just wanted to zero my irons and T-2 at that point.

I thought it was weird it wouldn't eat anything like my 14.5 mod 2 the 11.5 is possibly gassed to primarily run suppressed who knows.

My sample size of 1 and my first less than 14.5" upper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Your upper wouldn’t cycle wolf gold with an A5H0? That has to be an issue.

I didn't go back through all the combinations.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Which A5 buffer to use with SR-15 11.5 CQB MOD 2?

Quote Originally Posted by dhena81 View Post
    I didn't go back through all the combinations.
    So then your statement that it would not work with the A5H0-H4 is false?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    So then your statement that it would not work with the A5H0-H4 is false?

No it was correct regarding wolf gold and the A5HO.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't tailor the action to specifically run with that ammunition as a total solution, unless this is for a "fun" gun only. If there is a possibility that this system may be used for any serious use, then you need to look at some other ammunition choices and better tailor the action to those.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast