Guys, I need some help! I recently finished a 300 blackout SBR build and I’m having some failure to extract issues. To get down to the nitty gritty; live rounds are “being left” in the chamber. I say that because they aren’t getting stuck, it’s almost like the bolt/extractor aren’t even engaging the case. No matter how many times I rack it to try and clear the stuck round, the only thing that clears it is to turn the rifle up and shake it out of the chamber (it falls freely). I’ve made sure the bolt is fully seating in the locking lugs via the forward assist, but I don’t have access to a headspace gauge. Initially, I thought this was a bolt issue, but I happened to have several brand-new BCG’s on hand and they all produce the same result. I then assumed it was the ammo. I have cycled Barnes, Hornady and Remington (subsonic and supersonic) rounds with the same result.
For the last two consecutive builds, I have given Daniel Defense the benefit of the doubt (due to their awesome reputation) when troubleshooting problems. The last build, after going through several hundred rounds, different BCG’s and butchering a perfectly good upper, it turned out the DD barrel was the issue (quickly resolved and sent a new one). So here I am again, I’ve narrowed the issue down to yet another Daniel Defense barrel issue. As bad as I want it to be something else, I can’t figure out what else it could be other than a chamber issue.
For reference purposes, This build consists of:
BCM stripped upper
Daniel Defense 10.3” CHF 300 BLK Barrel
Daniel Defense RIS II MK18 Rail
Daniel Defense Chrome BCG/ Daniel Defense standard BCG/BCM BCG (all failed to eject rounds, with or without “donuts” on ejector spring)
Silencerco Omega 9K
Daniel Defense Lower (Sbr’d)
Spikes T3 buffer
Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit
Geissele Trigger
With a statewide coyote competition coming up this weekend, I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place with this build. I finished the gun just in time with this competition in mind, only to have a single-shot 300blk “shake-o-matic”. Please help on what I should do. I will contact Daniel Defense today if there aren’t any obvious fixes for the problem that I’m missing. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that I’ll be able to send the barrel back and get a replacement in time for the competition, so it looks like ear-pro and switching locations after the first shot it is! If this is another DD issue, I hate to say it, but it looks like my days of being a Daniel Defense fanboy are over. My last two build issues have been fixed by eliminating Daniel Defense components from my build. On a side note: I’ve got a 14.5” Daniel Defense Gov profile barrel for sale on EE that was replaced in the last QC issue… I can replicate this issue easily and if anyone wants to see this in action, I can video it this evening if it would help. Thanks in advance for any useful information!