Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Star Wars Episode VIII thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Troll Level: Expert
    You've taken your first step into a larger world...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Maybe we're just easy, lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    If Kylo kills Luke in a lightsaber duel then they will probably lost me for good. Kylo was trained by Luke early on and not as developed in the Force as his uncle or grandfather. So I'm guessing Luke will go out much like Obi Wan did, essentially letting Kylo kill him or some other like Snork maybe. At least I hope that's how he goes out cause ain't no one gonna be able to just go and slay Luke.
    This is really dependent on who exactly Snoke is...Luke never really had any hands on instruction in lightsaber vs lightsaber combat, pretty much just lightsaber vs blaster shots (Obi-wan in ANH). If Snoke is Plaugeis, Palpatine, Bane, Maul or God forbid Mace Windu...Ren could be a better swordsman than Luke. Although Luke's learning as he goes ability is crazy high, considering his only sparring partner was Darth Vader twice.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe Luke doesn't die exactly but has renounced his faith. Vader lost his faith when Padme died. He kept the powers and all but he lost his faith until his last moments.

Maybe at this point Luke is where Anakin was only he's alone and by now the Force has brought on more pain than it has helped. His faith lapsed. He may help Rey but maybe he just doesn't want to be a Jedi.

At this point.....it's cost him all of his loved ones, doubly so if Carrie Fisher's death is acknowledged here.

So he may hand over the reins to Rey and just retire.

Or maybe be the Jedi Martin Luther. A refornation where Dark and Light are equally acknowledged. Dark isnt always bad and Light isn't always good. Perhaps a more accessible "religion" with no more extremism.

It has a potential to be deep. Kylo Ren never knew his grandfather and went off on a tangent. Maybe he can redeem himself without dying Likewise Rey may not be so "good".

Depending on how they handle this it could be the next ESB.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber237 View Post
    This is really dependent on who exactly Snoke is...Luke never really had any hands on instruction in lightsaber vs lightsaber combat, pretty much just lightsaber vs blaster shots (Obi-wan in ANH). If Snoke is Plaugeis, Palpatine, Bane, Maul or God forbid Mace Windu...Ren could be a better swordsman than Luke. Although Luke's learning as he goes ability is crazy high, considering his only sparring partner was Darth Vader twice.
    Well, if Ren's apparent skills were worth a tinker's damn, then how does he take a whoopin' by someone (Rey) with no training at all on Starkiller Base? I'm gonna have to agree with Firefly on this one that Luke is burnt out and sick of trying to balance the dark and the light. I'd say there's a good chance that Ren and Rey have another lightsaber battle at the end with a plea for him to come back to the light or die.

ETA: I'd love to see Luke force choke the ever loving hell outta Ren with his artificial hand!
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 01-24-17 at 21:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Well, if Ren's apparent skills were worth a tinker's damn, then how does he take a whoopin' by someone (Rey) with no training at all on Starkiller Base?
    Ren's training wasn't complete yet, Snoke requests Hux to bring Ren to him to complete his training at the end of TFA. Either Snoke didn't want to teach Ren too much until he found out how loyal/skillful he was on his own, or didn't think that Ren would run into anyone with a lightsaber that could use it. This also depends on who Rey ends up being, the one that would make the most sense for how skilled she was, would be that she had her memory wiped when she was sent into hiding on Jakku (REVAN/KOTOR style) and had been in Luke's Jedi Academy (possibly bloodline as well). I'm still hoping that she's a Kenobi, a Vos, or another Jedi's heir...her being a Skywalker is the lazy was out. Her visions when she found Anakin/Luke's lighstaber could be explained as her having the ability of Psychometry (like Quinlan Vos had which would make sense if she's in his bloodline, where she can read/see events that an object was involved in).
    Last edited by Plumber237; 01-25-17 at 01:04.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ren's training wasn't complete yet, Snoke requests Hux to bring Ren to him to complete his training at the end of TFA. Either Snoke didn't want to teach Ren too much until he found out how loyal/skillful he was on his own, or didn't think that Ren would run into anyone with a lightsaber that could use it. This also depends on who Rey ends up being, the one that would make the most sense for how skilled she was, would be that she had her memory wiped when she was sent into hiding on Jakku (REVAN/KOTOR style) and had been in Luke's Jedi Academy (possibly bloodline as well). I'm still hoping that she's a Kenobi, a Vos, or another Jedi's heir...her being a Skywalker is the lazy was out. Her visions when she found Anakin/Luke's lighstaber could be explained as her having the ability of Psychometry (like Quinlan Vos had which would make sense if she's in his bloodline, where she can read/see events that an object was involved in).
    Still, Ren was a student of Luke's at the Praxium (or whatever they're going to call it). So it stands to reason Ren had lightsaber training under Luke's guidance. Also, I took Snoke's demand to Hux as bring him back to further snare him into the dark side. I hadn't thought about it your way, and that's a possibility too. It would be cool if Rey was a Kenobi, but to me there's just too much Skywalker for her to not be a Skywalker. I'm sure she tapped a bit of the dark side in her fight with Ren at the end of TFA too, and I'm sure following the ESB plot they'll try to turn her to the dark side. From a story standpoint it would make sense to me for her to be a Skywalker as so far they've all been Skywalker stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Still, Ren was a student of Luke's at the Praxium (or whatever they're going to call it). So it stands to reason Ren had lightsaber training under Luke's guidance. Also, I took Snoke's demand to Hux as bring him back to further snare him into the dark side. I hadn't thought about it your way, and that's a possibility too. It would be cool if Rey was a Kenobi, but to me there's just too much Skywalker for her to not be a Skywalker. I'm sure she tapped a bit of the dark side in her fight with Ren at the end of TFA too, and I'm sure following the ESB plot they'll try to turn her to the dark side. From a story standpoint it would make sense to me for her to be a Skywalker as so far they've all been Skywalker stories.
    She's Kenobi's granddaughter and Luke's daughter. Her mother will be Kenobi's as yet unnamed (possibly Mandalorian) bastard daughter. There is no way she will be related to a Jedi outside of the movie franchise like Vos because nobody but us nerds would know who that is. And they make these movies for everybody, not just those of us that absorb every bit of Star Wars canon we can.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Reported for being a North Korean Communist Spy who somehow kidnapped, buggered, and imprisoned scooter22 as no real, red blooded, testosterone pumping killer of men and lover of women would say such a vile thing about Rogue One.

I'm on to you, Comrade Ho Ni-fuk....

(Not but seriously Rogue One ruled)
    Dang it, you need to write a book. I can't imagine what goes on in your head, but I'd pay to read *some* of it. The other bits would probably give me nightmares.

On topic:

Although TFA wasn't great, I still loved it just because Star Wars. I do hope they do a much better job with TLJ, and I'm hoping the "jedi" in reference is plural. I can see Luke being killed by Snoke, and wouldn't mind him going that way, but I hope it's not until episode 9. I sincerely hope Rey is not a Skywalker. That's just lazy to me. Guys, don't forget Kylo took a shot from Chewie's bowcaster before fighting Rey. That thing sent several storm troopers flying earlier in the movie.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 01-25-17 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Dang it, you need to write a book. I can't imagine what goes on in your head, but I'd pay to read *some* of it. The other bits would probably give me nightmares.

On topic:

Although TFA wasn't great, I still loved it just because Star Wars. I do hope they do a much better job with TLJ, and I'm hoping the "jedi" in reference is plural. I can see Luke being killed by Snoke, and wouldn't mind him going that way, but I hope it's not until episode 9. I sincerely hope Rey is not a Skywalker. That's just lazy to me. Guys, don't forget Kylo took a shot from Chewie's bowcaster before fighting Rey. That thing sent several storm troopers flying earlier in the movie.
    I feel killing off Luke in any way might just cheapen the new trilogy as a whole. They already killed Han off. Rey seemed to get all the motivation she needed from seeing Han die, and Finn get beat by Ren, would Luke getting killed really push give her that much more drive? I don't know. I wouldn't be shocked if the film takes place a few years after TFA, and she spends most of her time being trained.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast