Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blued, not overly tight, reliable, simple

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Blued, not overly tight, reliable, simple

Hi,
    I have a DW Valor bobtail in route, but I want another 1911 already to go with it. I want something blued, maybe GI/A2 simple but with modern enhancements (only ones for reliability). It will wear plain wooden stocks, be chambered in .45, and will not be overly tight.....maybe even slightly loose. Think simple utilitarian pistol. I will be buying a full size valor at some point also, this one will be a less expensive model. I was thinking a used colt would work, but dont know when they were being made that would require gunsmith work. All Im concerned about with this one is simplicity and reliability. Plain flat grip safety, spur hammer, etc. Something that will function when filthy, and will not be shot from a bench for groups, old school and reliable.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Also not opposed to one of the phillipine made 1911s, and sending it to a gunsmith for a reliability package (not sure what this entails) if needed.

This will be a sub $1,000 pistol. It will be used and abused, no concerns on the finish or tiny groups shot from a rest.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Springfield Range Officer (lifetime warranty) well under 1G but not blue...parkerized or a Mil Spec PB9108L but again only parkerized.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 01-25-17 at 06:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks. I'm only looking for blued, though. I have a thing for blued guns, and currently have no guns that are blued. Even my rifles are parked/stainless/stuff other than blued.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I agree. I am preferring blue these days.

my matte blue CC9

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    CZ-USA 1911A1. You'd have to replace the arched with a flat, but you get everything else.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only basic blued one that comes to mind would be one of the Colts such as the O1970A1CS Series 70. I have the CZ. It's black oxide and appears similar to a park'd finish (but nicer). An alternative if looking for a fully polished blue 1911 is the Cimarron by Armscor, if one is available. Sold mine months ago. Lifetime warranty (to the gun) and normally excellent customer service from the Rock folks up in Nevada. Here's my Colt and previous Cimarron.

Note: The grips on both are not the factory grips issued with the pistols.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 01-25-17 at 08:57.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    What about the Clapp? Just over your budget.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616055477

Last edited by jstalford; 01-25-17 at 09:16.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For something traditional i.e. GI/A2 I would go with a Colt. EXCELLENT choice by the way on the Dan Wesson.

Feedback Score
    Dan wesson just released a blued valor, if you want to combine this pistol and your next

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast