Thread: Thermal clip on experiences and recommendations?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

Thermal clip on experiences and recommendations?

Anyone used a Thermal clip on for a LPV or ACOG optic such as the snipe-IR ? https://tnvc.com/shop/ir-defense-sni...-on-640-x-480/

Im on my journey from NV to Thermal. As I understand I am able to go up to 12x max on daytime optics with this Thermal clip on. Ideally 6-8x is my max. Anyone ever used one and as I understand this is getting compared to more known and expensive thermals like the T70 and others. Price point is a factor. And this one is top of budget. Not interested in a dedicated thermal scope.

And apparently this works well / designed to work with the TAPS switch.

Thanks
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 01-25-17 at 16:29.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    what are you going to use it for hunting ?

If so I would set up a dedicated gun and put a dedicated sight on it

The reap-ir is amazing for the size and what you get. Such a nice unit.

I was also very impressed with the pulsar stuff at Shot, not sure on long term dependability but the image was nice. $2500 map stuff that looked as good as higher priced flir formerly armasight stuff to myself and others. Yes a little bigger

Looked at a flir unit in front of a razor 1-6 it was nice but a lot of added weight but the new flir is worth looking at I believe only 320 is out now. I've got the books at work and can look tomorrow

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. Mainly hunting. I have family members have dedicated thermal scopes and also Flir handhelds. I do not want a dedicated scope as previously stated. I want to have the ability to change it to as many as 6 platforms as a pass through style device. I also do like that I can just swap it instead of the PVS14 on a helmet mount. I have not looked through the reap-ir, but did consider it a while back.

Anything else that is comparable to the T50 or this Snipe-ir that came out at shot in that 10k and under range?
    Philippians 4:13