Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B&T .308?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

B&T .308?

So, Any news on this and details of such?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    So, Any news on this and details of such?
    Nothing new at this point. Believe barrel length will be 14.5 (pinned).

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Dang, why is that? I thought a 16" would be better, guess they are after the sole "tactical" crowd. I'm after a light semi, folder with "hope" 1moa, realistic 1.5 utility. Low power scope, no "afterthought" folders such as the DF or LAW. I may have to settle on this whole project.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Dang, why is that? I thought a 16" would be better, guess they are after the sole "tactical" crowd. I'm after a light semi, folder with "hope" 1moa, realistic 1.5 utility. Low power scope, no "afterthought" folders such as the DF or LAW. I may have to settle on this whole project.
    Importation laws. Cannot be over a certain length (as a pistol). Now there may be some barrels brought in separately that are longer (and people can swap). Nothing is known at this time.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Okie, tks.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am thinking about this rifle as well, however, it needs to be 16". Any possibility that B&T will be able to import rifles in the future and not merely pistols?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I am thinking about this rifle as well, however, it needs to be 16". Any possibility that B&T will be able to import rifles in the future and not merely pistols?
    Not unless the laws change.

C4

Feedback Score
    Then why not import it as a rifle? Put some tabs in the magwell to make it single stack, no folding stock- then convert them stateside with 922r parts that they produce here. Same would apply if they imported it as a pistol minus the tabbed single stack magwell. However this is annoying that a company doesn't want to sell here without doing a little legwork because our laws are the way they are. Plus also, if you SBR the thing here- you'll need 922r parts anyway for it to be legal. So might as well put it all in the plan to begin with or they are going to be sitting on the shelf not selling. No one wants a giant rifle caliber pistol- then have to jump through a ton of hoops getting parts for it to make it functional or praying someone produces 922r parts so it's all legal. It's simply to much hassle for the average consumer. B&T along with SIG San need to get their their proverbial shit together instead of expecting the US consumer to hand over $2500+ for useless giant pistols that then require another $1000 in parts to make it into a functional rifle and then either a ten months wait for an SBR tax stamp or sending the barrel off to get pinned with some aftermarket extension.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-15-17 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    There are several options available to B&T. So we will just have to wait and see.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    There are several options available to B&T. So we will just have to wait and see.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think Arsenal ran into years back wanting to start selling here? They had to buy their own injection mold equipment to make furniture for 922r compliance. That's hundreds of thousands in investments but otherwise- they wouldn't have been selling any rifles at all. Same goes for that imported CZ Scorpion EVO- they had get some 922r parts in the works or they weren't going to be selling. Same is true FN selling the SCAR- those don't come in as double stack rifles, they had to make parts stateside to get those into fully functional form. Look at the HK MR556, worse of the imports with it's ridiculous "civilian grade" barrel blank profile barrel- but even so, it also had to use 922r parts for compliance. B&T needs to get this together, they have tons of these pistol caliber sub guns in pistol format just sitting on dealer shelves because of lack of 922r compliant components to bring them into rifle or even SBR spec. The same would be true of a .308 or 5.56 version. Simply, I wouldn't stock their products until they start offering 922r compliant parts to go make them into fully functional rifles.

7n6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast