Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B&T .308?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

B&T .308?

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    What do you think Arsenal ran into years back wanting to start selling here? They had to buy their own injection mold equipment to make furniture for 922r compliance. That's hundreds of thousands in investments but otherwise- they wouldn't have been selling any rifles at all. Same goes for that imported CZ Scorpion EVO- they had get some 922r parts in the works or they weren't going to be selling. Same is true FN selling the SCAR- those don't come in as double stack rifles, they had to make parts stateside to get those into fully functional form. Look at the HK MR556, worse of the imports with it's ridiculous "civilian grade" barrel blank profile barrel- but even so, it also had to use 922r parts for compliance. B&T needs to get this together, they have tons of these pistol caliber sub guns in pistol format just sitting on dealer shelves because of lack of 922r compliant components to bring them into rifle or even SBR spec. The same would be true of a .308 or 5.56 version. Simply, I wouldn't stock their products until they start offering 922r compliant parts to go make them into fully functional rifles.

7n6
    Lol, got bad news for ya, they sell very well as they are. So we will keep stocking and selling them. ;-)

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 02-15-17 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Lol, got bad news for ya, they sell very well as they are. Some will keep stocking and selling them. ;-)

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't tested the waters yet with the full size rifle caliber guns either.

FYI- you offer some B&T 5.56 and .308 rifles with full 16" barrels, folding stocks, with 922r compliant components ready to go to the range- and I'll sell all my HK91's, FAL's and AR's today.

I'm done with all these 1950's technology rifles- bring me some new blood.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-15-17 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Then why not import it as a rifle? Put some tabs in the magwell to make it single stack, no folding stock- then convert them stateside with 922r parts that they produce here. Same would apply if they imported it as a pistol minus the tabbed single stack magwell. However this is annoying that a company doesn't want to sell here without doing a little legwork because our laws are the way they are. Plus also, if you SBR the thing here- you'll need 922r parts anyway for it to be legal. So might as well put it all in the plan to begin with or they are going to be sitting on the shelf not selling. No one wants a giant rifle caliber pistol- then have to jump through a ton of hoops getting parts for it to make it functional or praying someone produces 922r parts so it's all legal. It's simply to much hassle for the average consumer. B&T along with SIG San need to get their their proverbial shit together instead of expecting the US consumer to hand over $2500+ for useless giant pistols that then require another $1000 in parts to make it into a functional rifle and then either a ten months wait for an SBR tax stamp or sending the barrel off to get pinned with some aftermarket extension.

7n6
    Actually the apc series is very easy to make 922(r) compliant.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Geisselle trigger of your choice, US made flash hider, and a magpul or GI mag and you are set.

922r for the apc223 in three easy steps.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Going to bring this thread back to life. What is everyones interest in a 13.5" B&T 308 (pistol). Price range in the Mid $3K range?

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-15-18 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would prefer the longer barrel version.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    I would prefer the longer barrel version.
    Same

How are the barrels held in place?

Feedback Score
    I have zero interest in 7.62x51 / .308 with a barrel less than 16" and would actually prefer an 18"

I will be buying the 16" apc in 556 and 762 though.

Oh ya, I did have a question for ya...I noticed the apc762 incorporates a AR15 grip while the apc556 has a propriatary pistol grip. I doubt it will, but any chance of the apc556 changing to the AR15 grip?
    Last edited by kunc; 03-16-18 at 19:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12