Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4Xi 1-4x Scope

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's sounding more and more like the Schott glass in this optic is very very good in this price range. Thanks for your view.....I've been leaning this way for a while, but wasn't quite sure. Input from guys who have actually used it and looked through other scopes in comparison is helpful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I have a minor quandary. I have been looking to upgrade my optic within a certain budget. Can't really blow a G or more. My eyes are getting a bit old and I'm having a little trouble picking up 10" steel at 200 yds quickly. I was thinking of going to a 1-6 in the $400-500 range, but there just is not really too many decent optics in that range. Now we have the Steiner PX4i. Would the lack of 2X more, but with better glass and a better reticle more than offset a 1-6 with less better glass? I'm thinking it might, but what do you guys think? I just want to see things at range more quickly.
    Yes.

I've shot out to 500 with my P4Xi. 4" plate at 200 and a 4" plate at 350. 10" plate at 500. Very easy to pick up. The glass is very clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Yes.

I've shot out to 500 with my P4Xi. 4" plate at 200 and a 4" plate at 350. 10" plate at 500. Very easy to pick up. The glass is very clear.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And thanks to Mrgunsandgear for another informative video.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And thanks to Mrgunsandgear for another informative video.
    Thanks for watching!

Feedback Score
    GREAT review as always, very "eye opening" (pun intended).
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Great review, going to get one of these to put on my SR-15

Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    Well get ready to buy because here it is for $459 shipped when you hit "see our low price"
    Good review! I tried buying one from there a few weeks ago. It was in stock when I ordered it, kept waiting for shipping confirmation, but didn't receive one. Called them after two days and customer service said that it was in stock and would ship out the next day. No shipping confirmation again. Sent an email 10 days after placing the order. Got a reply saying it wasn't in stock. I cancelled the order, then ordered it from another vendor for $40 more and received it 4 days after placing the order. No included throw lever though. But you know..."a bird in the hand..." etc.

Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, but I like what I see so far. With my aging eyes, my eyesight isn't always corrected to 20/20 depending on which glasses I'm wearing. With aimpoints or eotechs, they require 20/20 for a crisp dot/reticle. I like the diopter ring on the PX4i; I can sharpen up the reticle/dot/image even if my vision isn't fully corrected. Very useful feature for anyone with corrected vision and astigmatism.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Good review! I tried buying one from there a few weeks ago. It was in stock when I ordered it, kept waiting for shipping confirmation, but didn't receive one. Called them after two days and customer service said that it was in stock and would ship out the next day. No shipping confirmation again. Sent an email 10 days after placing the order. Got a reply saying it wasn't in stock. I cancelled the order, then ordered it from another vendor for $40 more and received it 4 days after placing the order. No included throw lever though. But you know..."a bird in the hand..." etc.

Haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, but I like what I see so far. With my aging eyes, my eyesight isn't always corrected to 20/20 depending on which glasses I'm wearing. With aimpoints or eotechs, they require 20/20 for a crisp dot/reticle. I like the diopter ring on the PX4i; I can sharpen up the reticle/dot/image even if my vision isn't fully corrected. Very useful feature for anyone with corrected vision and astigmatism.
    It seems to me you've probably had many more opportunities to look through different scopes than I, what is your opinion of the glass and resolving power?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It seems to me you've probably had many more opportunities to look through different scopes than I, what is your opinion of the glass and resolving power?
    Comparing the resolution to my NF 2.5-10x on 4x, I have a hard time distinguishing between the two in terms of resolution, so I'd say that it's pretty good. Typically I'll put something (like a USPS mailing box) with different size font out about 30 yards or so and see which is the smallest font I can read. The PX4i and NF are pretty much identical in that respect. It's tough because my eyes fatigue quickly. As others have mentioned, the glass is very clear without distortion near the edges. I really need to get out and shoot this, but so far I like what I see.

I forgot to add that another thing I like about it is that most scopes have a focusing eyepiece, but they usually have a lock ring, and the entire eyepiece rotates. The PX4i doesn't have a lock ring; only the very end of it rotates, so it's more convenient and quicker to adjust.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast