View Poll Results: How Far Will the Left Go to Defeat Trump?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • No further than the usual whining and melodrama. They're too cowardly.

59 16.91%
  • There will be a lot more broken windows, torched cars, and blocking of highways

211 60.46%
  • An American version of the IRA: Car bombs, daily murders of police officers, assassinations, etc.

68 19.48%
  • Full civil war: Large factions will form and fight a conventional war.

11 3.15%
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the Left Have the Balls for an Actual War?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Yeah. It often gets posed as a Yankee vs Southern or Coastal vs flyover issue, but it’s more of a self reliant vs non issue. Which is disproportionally rural vs urban.

Compare and contrast New Orleans vs the hurricane that flooded Vermont. Classic rural self reliance. In fact, all the NYC, Boston, etc. dipshits moving there and ruining a very libertarian stare were frequently helped out by their “ignorant, redneck” neighbors that actually had generators, chainsaws, etc. and we’re accustomed to harsh winters.

There is also a very racial component. With white disproportional rural and/self reliant vs blacks. In my current rural area, black Americans are less than the 13% national average. This handful of lifelong farmers, former SF guys, etc. are more like me and most of my neighbors than urban whites. But the urban places with two to three times the 13% are over represented by non functional, non self sufficient blacks requiring support even during regular times, let alone disasters.

Immigration is a mixed bag. We import third world city people that are non functional in our society. I was happy with the immigrants that come here and support themselves and their families. The former is a very detrimental impact, the later exactly what this country is supposed to be about. South and Central American immigration is also a mixed bag. We end up with hard workers, with enough self reliance to be keeping a 1994 Honda minivan still running, and their work stuff in good shape, but functional language issues and overall place in the scheme of things that frequently keep them requiring support. Probably a slower, legal pace of immigration would prevent another supported underclass and allow enough integration that would be far more beneficial. A population with Christian based morals and family structure, a European based language and social structure, with a work ethic should be a perfect pool of immigrants. It has been turned into an underclass to support, basically in exchange for votes instead. We already did this to black America.

I grew up in a rural area. I was born in the 1960s. I was five or six when the hand pump and out house were replaced with a bathroom and real sinks were put in by my grandfather and uncle. Before then it was water on the wood stove and a metal tub in the shed. That kind of upbringing instills self reliance and work ethic.

None of my grand parents were HS graduates. Out of my parents and their siblings only one from each side of the family had a HS diploma. All of the above, despite sometimes only sixth grade educations or dropping out at 16 we’re literate, could balance checkbooks, run a mechanic, logging, etc. business. I enlisted at 17 as an E1 private Infantryman in a Ranger Bn. I retired as a highly educated O5 that was up to pin on O6 soon, but did not have another three years in me. I still work and have paid over 120k a year in federal taxes each year since I retired. With two kids in college, each beyond a year of calc and other courses signifying they are getting an education far beyond what passes for a college degree these days. My youngest in high school wants to be an Ag sciences HS teacher in a rural school like the one she goes to. This is the Godamn Amercian Dream. It would have gone undreamt without the work ethic and self reliance that used to be the sine qua non of America.

We have stolen that dream from many Americans by crushing the Amercian spirit. We have replaced it with handouts and fake degrees signifying nothing. We do it to Amercian born citizens, and import more to inflict it upon. The greatest travesty is we have conditioned minorities and whites into screaming for more free stuff and fake bullshit, like that is the prize, while the real treasure map has been taken from them and burned.

Go to a res and see the typical result of not assimilating a people and culture and handing them free shit. It is abysmal.
    Go to an inner city and do the same.
    Go to a trailer park full of farm hands and landscapers. The work ethic is not beaten out of them yet, but is heading that way. The fire in their belly for work will be replaced with the same lassitude and resentment burning in their eyes we have done to the above.

I don’t go to church. I am a libertarian, not a conservative. Yet I have seen many places in the world and the reality is a society based on Christian values and family structure, Western European social mores, and traditional Amercian self reliance and work ethic is as good as it gets. In terms of stability, success, opportunity, safety, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, several people here in Amercia are still on the kick ass highway. But the powers that be don’t maintain the road. They purposefully do stuff to make it harder to travel. While building exit after exit and rest area after rest area promising something better. It is a con.
    The American dream that was pushed to kids was that anyone can do anything and be as successful as they want- it was up to them to try and work hard. Now kids all get participation trophies and are told that they are victims because they are red/black/brown/gay/trans/muslim/hindu/wicken/poor etc... and that they are OWED a living by society. When I was a kid it was regularly heard "this is a free country, do what you want". Anyone hear that lately?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Yeah. It often gets posed as a Yankee vs Southern or Coastal vs flyover issue, but it’s more of a self reliant vs non issue. Which is disproportionally rural vs urban.

Compare and contrast New Orleans vs the hurricane that flooded Vermont. Classic rural self reliance. In fact, all the NYC, Boston, etc. dipshits moving there and ruining a very libertarian stare were frequently helped out by their “ignorant, redneck” neighbors that actually had generators, chainsaws, etc. and we’re accustomed to harsh winters.

There is also a very racial component. With white disproportional rural and/self reliant vs blacks. In my current rural area, black Americans are less than the 13% national average. This handful of lifelong farmers, former SF guys, etc. are more like me and most of my neighbors than urban whites. But the urban places with two to three times the 13% are over represented by non functional, non self sufficient blacks requiring support even during regular times, let alone disasters.

Immigration is a mixed bag. We import third world city people that are non functional in our society. I was happy with the immigrants that come here and support themselves and their families. The former is a very detrimental impact, the later exactly what this country is supposed to be about. South and Central American immigration is also a mixed bag. We end up with hard workers, with enough self reliance to be keeping a 1994 Honda minivan still running, and their work stuff in good shape, but functional language issues and overall place in the scheme of things that frequently keep them requiring support. Probably a slower, legal pace of immigration would prevent another supported underclass and allow enough integration that would be far more beneficial. A population with Christian based morals and family structure, a European based language and social structure, with a work ethic should be a perfect pool of immigrants. It has been turned into an underclass to support, basically in exchange for votes instead. We already did this to black America.

I grew up in a rural area. I was born in the 1960s. I was five or six when the hand pump and out house were replaced with a bathroom and real sinks were put in by my grandfather and uncle. Before then it was water on the wood stove and a metal tub in the shed. That kind of upbringing instills self reliance and work ethic.

None of my grand parents were HS graduates. Out of my parents and their siblings only one from each side of the family had a HS diploma. All of the above, despite sometimes only sixth grade educations or dropping out at 16 we’re literate, could balance checkbooks, run a mechanic, logging, etc. business. I enlisted at 17 as an E1 private Infantryman in a Ranger Bn. I retired as a highly educated O5 that was up to pin on O6 soon, but did not have another three years in me. I still work and have paid over 120k a year in federal taxes each year since I retired. With two kids in college, each beyond a year of calc and other courses signifying they are getting an education far beyond what passes for a college degree these days. My youngest in high school wants to be an Ag sciences HS teacher in a rural school like the one she goes to. This is the Godamn Amercian Dream. It would have gone undreamt without the work ethic and self reliance that used to be the sine qua non of America.

We have stolen that dream from many Americans by crushing the Amercian spirit. We have replaced it with handouts and fake degrees signifying nothing. We do it to Amercian born citizens, and import more to inflict it upon. The greatest travesty is we have conditioned minorities and whites into screaming for more free stuff and fake bullshit, like that is the prize, while the real treasure map has been taken from them and burned.

Go to a res and see the typical result of not assimilating a people and culture and handing them free shit. It is abysmal.
    Go to an inner city and do the same.
    Go to a trailer park full of farm hands and landscapers. The work ethic is not beaten out of them yet, but is heading that way. The fire in their belly for work will be replaced with the same lassitude and resentment burning in their eyes we have done to the above.

I don’t go to church. I am a libertarian, not a conservative. Yet I have seen many places in the world and the reality is a society based on Christian values and family structure, Western European social mores, and traditional Amercian self reliance and work ethic is as good as it gets. In terms of stability, success, opportunity, safety, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, several people here in Amercia are still on the kick ass highway. But the powers that be don’t maintain the road. They purposefully do stuff to make it harder to travel. While building exit after exit and rest area after rest area promising something better. It is a con.
    So damn true. Well stated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

ramairthree dropping truth bombs, he is woke.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Friggin left is going WACK'O! If you disagree with their views, they will segregate you.

On Twitter Saturday, Sanders said she was told by the owner of the Red Hen in Lexington to leave because she works for the president, and she politely left.

It happened on Friday night, just a few minutes after Sanders and seven members of her family were seated at the restaurant.

Sanders went on to say, ‘the incident says more about the owner than her, and that she does her best to treat people, including those she disagrees with, respectfully.’
    Then we have hollywood & liberal media elites attacking Angel Families.

Time to L-n-L

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Friggin left is going WACK'O! If you disagree with their views, they will segregate you.

Then we have hollywood & liberal media elites attacking Angel Families.

Time to L-n-L
    I made sure to review their restaurant on FB.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    “In fact, a little known part of this story, is that after Sarah and her husband left and the family relocated to a restaurant across the street, the owner of the Red Hen then organized an effort to go and scream at them from the sidewalk at the other restaurant,” Huckabee claimed in an interview on “The Intelligence Report with Trish Regan.”

“Finally, one of Sarah’s in-laws, who happens to be very liberal, it’s her brother-in-law, went out in the street and said, ‘Look, Sarah’s already left. She didn’t stay for obvious reasons. She’s had all she needs tonight. The rest of us are trying to have dinner. I’m a liberal. I’m not a Trump supporter. But you guys aren’t helping our cause,’” Huckabee went on to say. “So, it wasn’t just what happened in the Little Red Hen restaurant, it’s what happened ongoing by the owner of that restaurant.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...abee-says.html
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And then there is the DHS guy who comes home one evening to find a burnt and decapitated animal on his front porch.
    Civility has a thin veneer, you can wear it away by shenanigans like this.
    If you're in the middle of some sort of gruesome act of domestic terror while trying to intimidate a public servant, I fully support those folks defending themselves.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Real classy.. Where do we go from here? You can't reason with the insane.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    At a certain point it simply becomes a matter of "economy of energies".
    That is the point where it is easier to eliminate a threat- than to be continually glancing over your shoulder wondering, worrying about when/where/whom and how it is going to go down.

The left is making it much easier to arrive at this point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    And then there is the DHS guy who comes home one evening to find a burnt and decapitated animal on his front porch.
    Civility has a thin veneer, you can wear it away by shenanigans like this.
    And PETA will probably give this a pass. Fomenting the leftist agenda always takes precedence over other considerations.

If you're in the middle of some sort of gruesome act of domestic terror while trying to intimidate a public servant, I fully support those folks defending themselves.
    Within six months it will become de rigueur for conservative public figures to carry.

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast