Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good year upcoming for AK fans

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Good year upcoming for AK fans

Looks like we have a good year upcoming for AKs. Looks like some nice products coming to market from Kalashnikov USA, Arsenal/Molot and even PSA.

Kalashnikov looks to be making a Vityaz (9mm) AK variant in the US and a classic AKM.

PSA stated that they purchased DDI and have a large list of models and ideas coming to market this year.

Arsenal and Molot--Molot will be bringing in a 5.45 variant.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 01-23-17 at 19:30. Reason: Granularity
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    yupp... just ordered a 107-11 from kvar

Sent from my SM-Note4

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Kalash USA? PSA? Pass....

Arsenal and Molot... Sure, the fixed stock 107 is pretty ok.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Good year upcoming for AK fans

PSA bought DDI? Damn. I am excited for that 9mm though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I foresee AK prices coming down once the surge in demand due to Hillary's inevitable election has passed. Long term, it doesn't make sense that an AK would cost more than a good quality AR15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I foresee AK prices coming down once the surge in demand due to Hillary's inevitable election has passed. Long term, it doesn't make sense that an AK would cost more than a good quality AR15.

Frankly, I'd rather see the few remaining AK manufacturers turn a profit in order to bring in more innovative products. You got Arsenal selling milled AK's for nearly a grand- that's nothing considering how much machine work goes into those receivers on top of all the importation hoops they have to jump through then the additional labor needed to un-ban them stateside. I'm thankful we can buy the stuff we can right now and really looking forward to seeing what might be able to be brought in soon.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It actually makes a ton of sense. 10 years ago? no. Today? Yea.

Feedback Score
    I'm a complete AK whore, but the ones that are priced higher than more advanced modern designs just don't quite appeal to me as much. It's just hard for me to justify paying more for an AK that an ARX-100 or real Colt AR-15 costs. Don't get me wrong, I've done it a couple of times, but they really have to be special AK's (factory krink). I just don't see Vepr's as $1000 rifles. If they do cost as much to manufacture as the more modern designs, then I think that time has passed them by for the general market of shooters. Collectors will pay more, but that's a much smaller market.

Feedback Score
    I'll jump on a Molot or107 if prices stop being unreasonable. <$600 is where they should be.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Glad to see this topic come up.

As I have never been an AK head, but always wanted one, would it be worthwhile to try a PSA Parts kit when they come back around.

I saw them for around 350 this last pass without FCG, Stock Grip; essentially the furniture is all.
    ETA: They're not in stock now, but what I am referencing: http://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-...16444672b.html

Never should see hard use, but don't want pure junk. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by HeruMew; 01-30-17 at 10:29.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast