Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delete

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I re-profile the hammer face of all of my G2's like the one I am showing below. If you want to do a nice job by hand it takes about an hour. All you need is a file, and some quality sandpaper and some scotch brite pads. That is how I do mine anyhow. YMMV. Wear has decreased considerably.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Resurface that entire face of the hammer basically. Round it over there, smooth it over. If you don't see some dings in the hammer face after a few hundred rounds, pitch it.
    This particular hammer has roughly around 1200rds on it through my SLR-107UR with no appreciable wear to the bolt carrier tail, nor to the hammer. YMMV. I've always been under the impression and just from visual cues, the hammer is struck right on the squared ridge by the bolt carrier tail, and that lead to a more severe deformation.

Lets time travel back to 2004-2008 - The carrier tail wear was considered normal and a-okay. Who knows.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    A man who once shook Kalashnikov's hand.
    Mikhail Timofeyovich Kalashnikov was a general officer of the Red Army, a hero of the Soviet Union, a hero of the Russian people, one of the most prominent firearms designers of the latter 20th Century, and extremely photogenic to boot. So I'm sure he only shook the hands of one or two people in his lifetime.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 18:56.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123