Thread: Value of a Norinco AKM/47S underfolder?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Value of a Norinco AKM/47S underfolder?

My FFL has one in that he just received. It's in great condition, smooth wood stocks, tight locking underfolder. Obviously it has a hoded front sight. Oh, I didn't pay attention and look for a bayo lug but I doubt it was a conversion since it has the underfolder. It's pistol grip is thin and smooth with the upper part being (I suppose) metal where it attaches to the receiver.

Thanks!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Nice, lightly used examples can bring over $1K

Does it look anything like my unfired 56S-1?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow. It couldn't look any more similar. Same type of wood and everything. Exact same...

He's going to put it up for sale tomorrow at the show for $750 or less.

Also has an unfired Izhmash Saiga 12 with a regular stock, no PG for $300.

Feedback Score
    Man oh man....i'd love to find a Norinco 56S underfolder in great condition for $750.00

I passed on an 84S (5.56 version) for $500.00 years ago and have always regretted it.

That Saiga 12 you mentioned is also way below current value (probably 40% lower).

Cheers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Saiga is the junk stock version and really needs to be converted...

It doesn't look too tough but I'm not sure I want to deal with it at the moment...

That Norinco DOES say AKM/47S on the left side under the front trunnion- is it still as valuable as this 56S?

Feedback Score
    A new shipment of unconverted Saiga 12's recently became available at dealers/distributors and the prices are steady at $589.00 to $650.00, so $300.00 is a smokin' deal.

My guess is that the Norinco underfolder is most likely an early import, however someone with mucho AK knowledge like Templar can probably clarify your question. My guess is that it will be equally valuable if not more due to the fact that it is stamped "AKS-47"...kinda like the early imported Yugo's. Who is the importer? Regardless, I think you should snag it if funds permit.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    That Norinco DOES say AKM/47S on the left side under the front trunnion- is it still as valuable as this 56S?

Yes.

If you pick it up for $750.00, consider reporting yourself to the authorities for stealing.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

Smile

I paid a little over that for mine, late last year. Perfect condition, owner shot 100rds through it, no box, no nothing, just the rifle. I tried to get rid of it for $1300, then down to $1100 w/ no takers. I ended up keeping it because it is kind of neat and they ain't bringing in Chinese AKs anymore.

I think I paid too much, I think I thought it was worth more, but I'm happy having it in my safe

ETA: I like the smooth AK stocks better than AKM and above stuff... Maybe too many Vietnam documentries or something.