Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strange pre-68 saturday night special german 22 short revolver

Feedback Score

strange pre-68 saturday night special german 22 short revolver

IMG_2562.jpgIMG_2562.jpgIMG_2563.jpgIMG_2563.jpg
    what is it and where can i get parts to fix the trigger?
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try here:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Search.htm?s=Rohm&page=1

Pages 2-3 probably have the parts you need.

Good luck.

I should add that these handguns are considered to be pretty poorly made, and even dangerous to the shooter.
    Last edited by Amicus; 01-30-17 at 22:48. Reason: Forgot about p 3
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Please, do not use that offensive term. It is racial in origin and denigrating
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Try here:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Search.htm?s=Rohm&page=1

Pages 2-3 probably have the parts you need.

Good luck.

I should add that these handguns are considered to be pretty poorly made, and even dangerous to the shooter.
    wrong gun looking at the parts. I don't have intentions to shoot it really but at least i want it working
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try EM-GE (Moritz & Gerstenberger, Gerstenberger & Eberwein after 1939) model 220 KS.
    Text on the plate near the grip should be:

Gerstenberger
    u. Eberwein
    Gussenstadt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It looks a lot like a RG Model 10. You may want to check this Numrich Gun Parts link. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact...1/10-38279.htm
    Last edited by T2C; 01-31-17 at 10:21.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have looked at more photos of these nasty little revolvers in the past few minutes than I would ever care to admit.

Arik may have it. A discussion on another gun board was very similar to this one, and the Gerstenberger was the winner. Just speculating here, but ClassIII's model may have picked up a set of "Valor" grips along the way.

As for parts, there is a discussion at Numrich that came to naught. There may not be a parts pipeline for this particular revolver. Also, there was mention of two types of these .22 short pistols: one for shooting, the other as a starter pistol only.

I was amused to find the following description at an auction site:

'This is a good surviving example of the Pre-1968 "Weekend Evening Special" German made revolver. The Gerstenberger & Eberwein of Sussenstadt .22 Short revolver is one of the seldom encountered variants. This one is in good shape and the action works and times correctly. The detachable ejector rod is missing. It is "custom enhanced" by the addition of electricians tape on the grips. Although the lockwork functions fine I am selling this as a collector's piece only and request that you do not attempt to fire it as I have not test fired it and offer no warranty.

This is a good surviving example of the Pre-1968 Weekend Evening Special German made revolver. The Gerstenberger & Eberwein of Sussenstadt .22 Short revolver'

Good luck with this. I'm signing off and heading for the tub.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've seen a few of these over the years, mostly in the evidence vault. One of the models Rohm firearms made was the Valor chambered in .22 short. The 68 on the left side of the frame should indicate the year it was imported.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...valor&_sacat=0
    Last edited by T2C; 01-31-17 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    It looks a lot like a RG Model 10. You may want to check this Numrich Gun Parts link. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact...1/10-38279.htm
    numerich's parts photos seem to be matching it but the reciever doesn't. Also I found this in a box that my wife's father owned so the gun hasn't been touched or modified since the 70's. it also has a rifled barrel so it can't be a starter pistol.
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 01-31-17 at 13:02.
    - Anonymous
    - Albert Einstein
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is there a loading gate on the right side of the revolver or do you have to remove the cylinder pin and cylinder to reload it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast