Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry FIRE?? DESPITE SUCCESSFUL STROKE??

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    I think he's just ignorant as to proper terminology. Like others mentioned, I think he's actually referring to a failure to fire.

Feedback Score
    While I'm with the others in thinking you're suffering from E.D. (Explanatory Dysfunction), I'll try to offer some help. I've no experience with that trigger, but FTF and light strikes are the two top items addressed in the FAQ section of their website. I'd start there, and get back to us.

http://www.elftactical.com/faq
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey, ty50 - everyone was just kidding around, a wealth of knowledge here, don't get let this keep you away.

Feedback Score
    What ammo are you using? I agree with the others that you should check that your hammer spring is installed correctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Hey, ty50 - everyone was just kidding around, a wealth of knowledge here, don't get let this keep you away.
    I second that sentiment. And, the midst of the lighthearted ribbing, I missed the most important part...

Welcome to the forum!

In spite of not having a definitive explanation of your issue, the general consensus on where you should start is solid advice. Although, those referencing the hammer spring installation may not have realized this is a "cassette" style, drop-in FCG. Typically those types of units don't yield failures resulting from improperly installed springs; at least not through the actions of the end user. I suppose the factory could have got something wrong, but you'll want to try some other things before considering it was an issue during the manufacturing. Their website mentions that the trigger unit uses set screws that need to be adequately tightened. Again, if you haven't already checked their tension, that would be the first place I'd investigate.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    And I third it.

I hope you stick around. It's a great place with the most knowledgeable member base that you'll find. Just try to follow IG's recommendation then we'll follow what you're saying and be able to help.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    The AR 15 was designed specifically to prevent slam fire. This means the bolt must be completely cammed and locked so the hammer hits the firing pin at precisely a 90° angle. Otherwise the hammer strikes the BCG and not the firing pin.

When it clicks instead of bangs push the forward assist and see if it works. If not, replace the firing pin.

Feedback Score
    a picture of a primer from an FTF round would be good.

Feedback Score
    Having done the low mass thing myself years ago, you should be running an adjustable gas block. Otherwise, you are asking for trouble and not really gaining any of the advantages.

Aussie girl blue pill Good one!

ETA: Sorry, missed the part about already having the adjustable gas system. As suggested I would verify if the BCG goes fully into battery before taking the next shot. By chance would that JP spring happen to be reduced power?
    Last edited by tehpwnag3; 02-08-17 at 13:03.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast