Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid Question.....

Feedback Score
    Looks like I'm gonna be buying another 8 lb keg of Varget! I already use Varget for a couple calibers. Anyone know anything about the Faxon barrels? Accuracy?
    I know violence isn't the answer.........I got it wrong on purpose.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash1969 View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna be buying another 8 lb keg of Varget! I already use Varget for a couple calibers. Anyone know anything about the Faxon barrels? Accuracy?
    Fantastic, but we are biased.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    Fantastic, but we are biased.
    I'm sure they are!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash1969 View Post
    Anyone know the torque spec for the barrel nut on a 308? Is it the same as on an AR15?
    That's how I set mine, around 35 - 40, line up the hole. I red Loc-tite my barrels if the barrel extension is an easy slip fit. I have actually used the Shake and Bake Duracoat to do this on an AR15.

That I have heard is an advantage to the Mega .308 uppers, they're a tighter fit.

Also, with the normal disclaimers, 37 - 41 grains of Varget in LC should hit a sweet spot. For whatever reason I think the PSA build is softer shooting than my AR10. The AR10 has an UBR, Slash buffer, JP clamp on AGB, and a PWS PRC muzzle brake on an 18" Rock Creek. The PSA still has an A2 flash hider and just the SLR AGB. It could just be the difference in middy to rifle length gas system I'm feeling? Still pleased with the PSA for the price and I think they're over the teething issues they had when they came out with the .308.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 09stanggt View Post
    That's how I set mine, around 35 - 40, line up the hole. I red Loc-tite my barrels if the barrel extension is an easy slip fit. I have actually used the Shake and Bake Duracoat to do this on an AR15.

That I have heard is an advantage to the Mega .308 uppers, they're a tighter fit.

Also, with the normal disclaimers, 37 - 41 grains of Varget in LC should hit a sweet spot. For whatever reason I think the PSA build is softer shooting than my AR10. The AR10 has an UBR, Slash buffer, JP clamp on AGB, and a PWS PRC muzzle brake on an 18" Rock Creek. The PSA still has an A2 flash hider and just the SLR AGB. It could just be the difference in middy to rifle length gas system I'm feeling? Still pleased with the PSA for the price and I think they're over the teething issues they had when they came out with the .308.
    That smooth shooting is part of the reason why I really want to go with the Rainier Ultra match with it's rifle length gas system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123