Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Neal Gorsuch - SCOTUS nominee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I saw Fineswine.
    Please stop insulting pigs...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I've been keeping up with this confirmation hearing and as expected, it's a straight freaking clown show from the DNC.
    I heard about 3+ hours today on PBS. I didn't catch everyone's name. I did hear Cruz, but there was a guy after him that I think his name may have been Lee? Anyway he said he was a noob and had never worked as elected before this. He had some good points.

I don;t know what the complete idiot was that kept trying to Gorsuch to say "yes I agree" to several SCOTUS findings ---after--- Gorsuch said he thought the decision was not only right but a corrective action and one of the courts finest hours. Whomever that jackass was though said he was disturbed by his answer.

then Al Frankin...lol... Al is like the new Biden. He used his time to bring to attention his bill on consumer protection from forced arbitration.. the whole time, and Gorsuch even told him, that's a Legislative issue.. But it was like Frankin even got lost in own little world. Finally and I think it may have have been that Lee guy... anyway.. someone finally says,,, dude, that's not a SCOTUS issue or Judge issue. That's our issue as Congress.

Several Rs quoted and re-quoted Pelosi. A couple Ds repeatedly tried to tie Gorsuch to a "wrong call" when SCOTUS handed down a unanimous decision today. the deal was his court voted unan. NO because they were bound by his courts law. SCOTUS voted unan. YES today. So he explained that and said that is a prime example of me and the 10th court following the law we were bound by. I am glad the SCOTUS could make things right and that's how things are supposed to work. the DEM spin on that was ... Why were you the only person to get it wrong and why do you hate children. I wanted to hear some 2A stuff but didn't hear Flakestein. I'll bet that was a treat.

I have a thought/concern with Gorsuch and Kegan. He claims SCOTUS findings carry great weight due to the collective knowledge in the decision. Kegan claims the SCOTUS got the recent 2A findings wrong because they went contrary to standing decisions. Gorsuch today also said regarding one SCOTUS decision ( non 2A ) that he was so pleased they corrected a decades old mistake.

To me, that says that even with Gorsuch on the court we could see 2A losses 4-5 or even 3-6 or as high as 2-7 depending on how he reads law and intent, current life etc.. He sounds like a reasonable and unbiased judge but it's really hard to say where he might end up.

@ABNAK -- along those lines I just mentioned... Not sure how Flakestein spun it but Scalia commented on the regulation of arms in Heller and specifically mentioned the M16. Not exactly good... but... he tied two words together. Dangerous | Unusual. Taken individually damn near anything could be outlawed. He said the situation would have to be Dangerous AND Unusual then used the M16 as an example. The thought be all guns are dangerous by nature but the M16 might be more dangerous by it's automatic nature AND by it's automatic nature it is unusual in that we don't see them too often except in a professional environment. so he did a favor and screwed us at the same time lol.

But regulation of arms is wide open for a 2A case and you really need to wonder just what might come down. I mean think about it. An SBS is regulated, even in my own home. Why? Because it is unusual and it's dangerous. I mean it's really regulated for other reasons but if you applied that test it still doesn't pass.

That brings me to real concern. Gorsuch says he likes to deal with law not create law. That means all our local level Libs are going be silently and secretly attacking the 2A to make laws. He or others like him will as he has proven uphold those laws. It will then only be The Constitution to protect us. It's a really scary situation when you consider how inept 50% of congress is. I am actually astounded that some of them actually know how to show up to work much less craft laws for the good of We The People in our entirety. Gorsuch says he's optimistic. He didn't say why. Maybe he looked around the the room and made mental notes of the age and health of most of the players and figured they would die off.... I don't know... but damn.... we have some scary people running this country. When I use the term stupid scary, I may have it backwards. Perhaps they are scary stupid.... or both.

I've just got a bad feeling about the future of the 2A.

"Fineswine" . hahaha.... that's good.

I forgot to say.. Gorsuch brought down the house today in laughter. He's answering that guy that I think may have been named Lee. He's talking about how large John Hancock signed his name. He was going to say "big and boldly" but got tied up and said "bigly".. .then there was a pause and "Lee" says..... "You just said "Bigly",,, and the whole place erupted.

Found it....

That was actually a good reply he was giving in that the signers were signing their death warrants if anyone is trying to find some high spots of his replies. That was a good one aside from the bigly comment.

I still can't see what that guy's name is, the ABC bug covers it up. Mr. Fla????

ETA: apparently "Lee" is Ben Sass.
    Last edited by tb-av; 03-22-17 at 19:58.

Feedback Score
    Chuck says they are going to filibuster....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Chuck says they are going to filibuster....
    Nuke 'em until they glow.
    Who started that little gem of a way to Legislate anyway?
    Bwaaaa Hahahahah!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I agree Go nuclear and move on. He is an excellent choice and honorable judge. Chuck is a lying POS!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I agree Go nuclear and move on. He is an excellent choice and honorable judge. Chuck is a lying POS!
    I honestly don't think they will need the nuclear option in this case. If you tally every GOP vote, that's 52. The other CO Senator seemed to be supportive, so up to 53. Manchin, McCaskill and Tester will likely vote for him since they are up for reelection next year in GOP leaning States. Up to 56 now. Heitkamp, King (ME), Donnelly (IN), Warner (VA), and Udall could be "yes" votes. There's your 60 minimum.

I also have this feeling you will have some other defections from the DNC side of the house, most surprisingly might be Coons. The only fight the DNC has in this is "he is a Trump nominee." And the only other argument they have is "he's not Garland." Not exactly something you want to hang your hat on if you are vulnerable in the 2018 elections.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with a highly qualified judge (prior to his nomination, he was respected by even the democrats) being interrogated by a comedian (Franken)?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with a highly qualified judge (prior to his nomination, he was respected by even the democrats) being interrogated by a comedian (Franken)?
    Other than the idiots that keep voting people like Franken into office?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Everything.

However, this seems to sum up the US federal situation in 2017, very succinctly.

I would say "Idiocracy here we come" but I think we've been there for some time now.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    After such hearing, an honorable person would be painted as a racist, xenophobe, homophone, pedophile, racist, women's right abuser, wife beater, racist, cheating, lying, female parts grabbing republican.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast